Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-09-2020, 08:04 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
New owner of used (2000) Monaco

Hello fellow Monaco owners! I just joined your group and this is my first post and also my first RV. I purchased a 2000 42' MONACO Executive a week ago and am looking forward to getting to know her. She needs a little bit of work but appears to be a solid platform and I hope to get to know her well before my son and I take her to Alaska this coming summer. Looking to hear of some great ideas and advice from you more experienced RVer's.

Quick question about toilet paper, is it ok to use toilet paper that is clog free and septic approved or do I need to spend the extra and get paper that says RV on it?

Jeff
Texomaman73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-09-2020, 08:20 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Jeff, welcome to the forums!!

You've come to the right place, tons of knowledge and experience from owners here. Not sure where I would be without it .

Congrats on the Executive! Feel free to fire up some pics, so we can see what it looks like. Great coach, built on the awesome Roadmaster S-series chassis and I assume the solid Cummins ISM.

Our coaches are essentially sister coaches, if there are any questions you have just let me know.

As far as toilet paper, I'm sure you'll get a dozen different opinions. We use RV toilet paper ourselves and take care about what goes into the tank.

All the best!
Josh

PS Monaco Coach keeps quite a few older manuals and brochures on their site. Below are some helpful ones for your coach, in case you don't have them:

Owner's Manual (2001): https://www.monacocoach.com/resource..._Executive.pdf

Brochure (2000): https://www.monacocoach.com/resource...27_brc_pdf.pdf
Our 2001 Signature Repairs & Upgrades Thread
JJTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 08:34 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texomaman73 View Post
Hello fellow Monaco owners! I just joined your group and this is my first post and also my first RV. I purchased a 2000 42' MONACO Executive a week ago and am looking forward to getting to know her. She needs a little bit of work but appears to be a solid platform and I hope to get to know her well before my son and I take her to Alaska this coming summer. Looking to hear of some great ideas and advice from you more experienced RVer's.

Quick question about toilet paper, is it ok to use toilet paper that is clog free and septic approved or do I need to spend the extra and get paper that says RV on it?

Jeff
welcome.

We don't use the RV toilet paper, but do use the ones that are labeled "safe for septic". We do stay away from the 'plush' ones.

A quick test if you want, put a couple sheets of TP in a glass jar full of clean water. Put lid on and shake it. If it breaks up in the jar, it should be okay to use.
windsorbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 10:48 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks for the the advice Josh and Bill & Brigitte! My normal TP will work just fine!
Old 10-09-2020, 11:04 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
How to friend people?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJTL View Post
Hi Jeff, welcome to the forums!!

You've come to the right place, tons of knowledge and experience from owners here. Not sure where I would be without it .

Congrats on the Executive! Feel free to fire up some pics, so we can see what it looks like. Great coach, built on the awesome Roadmaster S-series chassis and I assume the solid Cummins ISM.

Our coaches are essentially sister coaches, if there are any questions you have just let me know.

As far as toilet paper, I'm sure you'll get a dozen different opinions. We use RV toilet paper ourselves and take care about what goes into the tank.

All the best!
Josh

PS Monaco Coach keeps quite a few older manuals and brochures on their site. Below are some helpful ones for your coach, in case you don't have them:

Owner's Manual (2001): https://www.monacocoach.com/resource..._Executive.pdf

Brochure (2000): https://www.monacocoach.com/resource...27_brc_pdf.pdf
Josh,

I would like to friend you, if you don't mind, but I don't know how! I am sure you have lots of information that would help me out. I am still trying to figure this website out. Also is there a way to look to see what post I have made or made a comment in? Sending thanks doesn't show in post and makes it look like I didn't respond, don't see the purpose of the thanks button.
Old 10-09-2020, 11:09 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texomaman73 View Post
Josh,

I would like to friend you, if you don't mind, but I don't know how! I am sure you have lots of information that would help me out. I am still trying to figure this website out. Also is there a way to look to see what post I have made or made a comment in? Sending thanks doesn't show in post and makes it look like I didn't respond, don't see the purpose of the thanks button.
A lot of that information can be found under the "User CP" tab at the top of the website. Sent a friend request your way.

Josh
Our 2001 Signature Repairs & Upgrades Thread
JJTL is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
monaco, new owner