Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-11-2009, 05:47 PM   #113

Let's have some decent news for a change...talked to Bob in Oregon (Monaco) today...they are going to open up parts on 6/2 as he was told start to plan your staff...so they are going back to full phone/parts coverage as of that date...everything else is anybody's guess and it is very hush hush..no one knows what the warranty situation is going to be or the dealer situation is going to be...the last day for bids is 5/21 and if no other takers the judge signs off and the deal is closed by 6/1. Navistar is not a chump change company and if anyone hears anything please post. Let's hope some type of normalcy resumes as I truly enjoy my coach and I have to tell you that the craftsmanship is not half bad.
bullydogs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-12-2009, 06:03 PM   #114

Monaco Owners Club
My dealer said he'd heard that Monaco would be re-starting production in the first week of June. The dealer is also covering any Monaco warranty work, which is a good thing since I just bought a Camelot
CaptPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 06:53 PM   #115

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptPat View Post
My dealer said he'd heard that Monaco would be re-starting production in the first week of June. The dealer is also covering any Monaco warranty work, which is a good thing since I just bought a Camelot
CaptPat,

That's great news! Let's hope it happens that quickly. And you have an exceptional dealer to put that much financiial risk into customer satisfaction. Who is it?
Robin_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 07:25 PM   #116

Monaco Owners Club
At the recent HR Ramblin Pusher 419 Maintenance Session in Goshen, Monaco's Pat Carroll and Ken Walters gave updates to the situation. Obviously all the details are not known yet but they were upbeat about positive things happening in Indiana.
Nonno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 05:17 PM   #117

Monaco Owners Club
I hope that if Monaco or Navistar begin again to build motor homes they invest in a better quality assurance program. Everyone knows that a better quality control program could have prevented many of the warranty issues we’ve dealt with in the past. I’ve seen too many posts where owners spent way too much time in repair facilities. I know many of us regard Monaco as a quality builder of motor homes, but over the years the quality of the coaches has diminished. They were more interested in getting the coach out of the door than ensuring excellence of workmanship.
chiefdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 11:42 PM   #118

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
chiefdave, I agree.
Robin_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 03:00 AM   #119

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefdave View Post
I hope that if Monaco or Navistar begin again to build motor homes they invest in a better quality assurance program. Everyone knows that a better quality control program could have prevented many of the warranty issues we’ve dealt with in the past. I’ve seen too many posts where owners spent way too much time in repair facilities. I know many of us regard Monaco as a quality builder of motor homes, but over the years the quality of the coaches has diminished. They were more interested in getting the coach out of the door than ensuring excellence of workmanship.
I also agree with this. Sometimes you have to spend $1 in order to save $2 later. From what I can gather from speaking to other Monaco owners it appears that we have all been to the repair facilities with almost identical problems. First example that springs to mind: Dash radio. I was one the third before chucking it out the window in pure frustration.

Maybe the new setup should recruit a couple of Monaco coach owners and IRV2 members as consultants for a while. The name Happycars springs to mind........

danes-on-tour is offline   Reply With Quote