Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-10-2011, 07:44 PM   #1
JDT

New Problem, Jacks This Time

Got to our campground this afternoon. I lowered the jacks (we do not have the automatic type) which went fine. When I turned off the ignition key the jacks down warning light on the jack switch panel kept flashing, a bit dimly, and the warning bell kept chiming. Went thru the sequence of fully retracting the jacks and lowered them again. Same result. Even with the ignition key off and pulled the warning continued. Found the fuse that controls the jack down/antenna up warning bell in the electrical compartment on the front drivers side. Pulled it and the chiming and blinking light quit. Tried the jacks but they won't work with the fuse out.

Any ideas on what may cause this? It looks like something is letting the warning light/chime get power even with the ignition off.
JDT is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-10-2011, 08:22 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to TOMSUSMC
RE: Jacks Problem

Hi JDT.....

You didn't state which power jacks you have, but here is a troubleshooting URL that might help you out......

FAQ: Leveling Systems - Power Gear

Good Luck.....

Tom S.
Pennsylvania
TOMSUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 06:32 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I don't know about your coach but I would check you park brake switch. If you have air brakes then there should be a switch on the parking brake plunger by the drivers seat it sends a signal to the jacks. First try to release and set the parking brake to see it that will clear the problem.
itdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 06:48 AM   #4

Check the fluid level in your jack reservoir. If it's low the jack down alarm may sound even if the jacks are all up.
jdecastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 08:59 AM   #5
JDT

Sorry, should have said what I have. It is the Model JII Leveling System by RVA, Co. I did read thru the papers that came with it and it does show the warning light also indicates low fluid. Will check that. What did not make sense to me is that the warning continued after turning off the ignition.
Old 10-11-2011, 09:06 AM   #6

Yes, I would be concerned about the reservoir going low while the RV is in storage. The alarm would drain batteries. This alarm should be re-wired to ignition power.
Old 10-11-2011, 08:20 PM   #7
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
JDT......RVA is a great company to deal with. Just give them a call, they'll probably be able to resolve your issue. RVA Jacks
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 08:38 AM   #8
JDT

Thanks, Don, did just that and they are very nice and helpful. The feeling is it is little low on fluid. Been in Branson since Monday and rained a lot so haven't been able to do anything. If I can get them to work Friday when we leave I will wait till we get home to mess with it.

Probably need to post this elsewhere but this is the first time we have been able to use the new Samsung fridge. We have had it's bigger brother at home for a year and half and we knew what to expect. It is great not having to worry about my milk spoiling. The downside is the ice cream is a little hard to dip.

Tags
jacks