Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-09-2010, 08:07 AM   #1

New to Me Alarm. Help Identify.

When I shut the '95 Monaco off I hear a short tone coming from under the front wheels that repeats every 7 seconds or so. Lasts 2-3 cycles and stops, any ideas? Thanks.
DonBaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-10-2010, 08:22 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Never heard that with mine, and have never seen anything under there that might sound an alarm. I am curious as to what that might be as well.

Jimmy
Old 04-15-2010, 11:28 AM   #3
Retired Senior Member

Before I disconnected and tossed my aftermarket alarm system, I was getting something similar to what you describe. ??
RonNBama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 11:45 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
FWIW Some Monaco's have a problem with tone generators when driving on moist roads. It is associated with moisture getting on the ground lead connected to the Air Pressure sensor on the Air Tank. Other generators also cause the same problem when it is moist, such as the Alternator. Are you in moist conditions?

2005 Honda CRV, Blue Ox, SMI Brake, TomTom Go 720
Flagelpater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 12:16 PM   #5

Regarding moist climate, no, I am in AZ. The sound is something like an old fashioned department store paging system, a metallic - reed like sound repeated every 6-8 seconds. Another Monaco owner diagnosed it as the leveling hydraulics being low on Dexron. I have since added about a pint in to a small reservoir with no change in the alarm. I guess I'll add more.
DonBaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 12:41 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
If it is your leveling system you could extend the jacks and see if it is the same tone but at a lower level. My system sounds of when the jacks are extended and I assume your do too. It is hard to identify the different tone generators. It would be nice to have a chart or something to refer to.

2005 Honda CRV, Blue Ox, SMI Brake, TomTom Go 720
Flagelpater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 11:29 AM   #7

beeping

1999 Windsor. Beeping when going over bumps. Procedure for leveling tank level was to lower one jack 6" and then fill tank with dextron till the beeping stopped.. This fixed my beeping issue...
jwinston is offline   Reply With Quote