RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-13-2012, 02:22 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
New to this forum and a few questions

Hello to all! This forum is a great resource. I have been lurking for a few days and finally decided to take the plunge. I only hope I don't sound to stupid.

We have owned a 1996 Holiday Rambler Navigator for 5 years. We have just started using it for long trips this summer. It sat in my shop for the most part of 5 years. We recently took a trip from our home base in Colorado to Portland Oregon for my sons wedding. We had a great time and we are looking forward to many more trips. We have downsized our land based home to 1200 square feet from 6000 square so we can travel a bit more. We also have a disabled son that is 30 years old and he will be traveling with us. Ok now for the questions.

Where can I find out more about this MH? Questions like
1) Where is the hydraulic reservoir for the HWH computerized levelers?
2) Where are the starter solenoids?
3) How does the OTR A/C work? (Basement air Thermostat setting)

It is built on a Spartan Chassis

Oh by the way the only mishap on the Portland trip was that the 20ft awning blew off on I-5. It was a clean blow with NO damage to the MH or other vehicles. We were very fortunate.

I know I will have a lot of questions as we travel more.

Thank you in advance for your patience and help!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0909.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	23463  

spearguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-13-2012, 02:35 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Spearguy,
Hello,and welcome to the sight, No question is a dumb question. Only why to find out things.. First what motor do you have?? 2 If you follow the lines from one of the jacks you will find the
hydraulic reservoir. By the way very nice looking motorhome for a 96.....Sorry to hear about your awing ..........

Sunkist5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 02:48 PM   #3

Welcome to the forum. Glad you had a good trip(less the awning). This site is a great source for info and you will be glad you joined.

For using the basement air on the road, the generator will need to be running and producing current. Then the thermostat needs to be switched on. This is a basic answer to what can be a complex system if something along the line is not working properly. A good source of instruction is always a friendly local rv dealer. Approach the service manager and ask to buy an hour with a tech. Then go through the systems with your questions.

Hope you have many safe travels.
HabitatGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 02:53 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I have the 400 cummins M11

Thank you very much for your response. Thats a good idea I didn't think they would do that. Are they motor and coach experts or mainly coach.

Regards
Steve
spearguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 03:08 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Howdy and welcome aboard. Hope you enjoy the site. Post some questions over in the Class A forum, MH-General Discussion & Problems, possibly the Monaco forum as they were a cousin of the Holiday Rambler and Spartan forums. I'm sure you'll get the info you're looking for. Good luck and ave a great rving season.
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 03:43 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by spearguy
I have the 400 cummins M11

Thank you very much for your response. Thats a good idea I didn't think they would do that. Are they motor and coach experts or mainly coach.

Regards
Steve
Most rv dealers will have RVIA certified techs. They will be knowledgeable in both coach and chassis systems. Every time I have asked to buy time(advice and instruction) it has been met favorably. I'm sure the look at it as easy money.

HabitatGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class a, forum