Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-25-2017, 06:27 AM   #15

Perfect, thank you! I know exactly where that is. Actually that brings up another point, my new to me coach does not have the Jake Brake pedal which I do intend to add. No clue why Monaco chose to not have the pedal unless it is a Detroit thing
They just have an on/off switch next to the high/low switch which adds another question. Why the heck do you have to have the Jake Brake switch off to use the cruise? Just seems silly.
Thanks!
Windecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcovey View Post
On our coach the "Systems Diagnostic Center" is located above the Jake Brake pedal, just below the fascia panel that seals off the underside of the dash. It is approximately 10 inches long and has three large round female connectors for test equipment, plus the unmarked ABS reset switch. If it isn't readily visible, I suggest calling Monaco and asking where it is on your year coach.
FWIW, the ABS button is described on page 392 in our manual. The dianostic panel location is shown on page 377.

Cheers,
Windecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-25-2017, 01:59 PM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Our Exec with the Cummins ISX also does not have the engine brake pedal. Just the on/off and hi/low switchs. I think they stopped using the pedal during a certain year run.
I agree, I would like the cruise to work even with the engine brake switch on. Then I can leave the brake on and control the brake on/off by appling a slight throttle.
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 05:46 AM   #17

ABS reset

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcovey View Post
On our coach the "Systems Diagnostic Center" is located above the Jake Brake pedal, just below the fascia panel that seals off the underside of the dash. It is approximately 10 inches long and has three large round female connectors for test equipment, plus the unmarked ABS reset switch. If it isn't readily visible, I suggest calling Monaco and asking where it is on your year coach.
FWIW, the ABS button is described on page 392 in our manual. The dianostic panel location is shown on page 377.

Cheers,
Thanks, right where you said it was.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Exec ABS reset.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	538.6 KB
ID:	156216
Old 03-27-2017, 07:31 AM   #18

Why would you want to have the Jake and cruse on at the same time.I personally like coast down the hills and save a little fuel. I guess if you live in the flat lands and never go down hill it would work for me.
jim E
06 exec
bigjim8499 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 06:18 PM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Jim, I can control the Jake brake on/off by barely touching the accelerator when I don't want it on and then letting all the way off when I do want it applied.

Then when I get to the bottom of the hill I can re-engage the cruise. Never have to touch the cruise or the Jake switches on the side panel that way.
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 07:56 PM   #20

Well I realize it is just a flip of a switch and all but in my old Signature I could have the cruise on and if I needed to use the Jake Brake, just step on the pedal and the brake comes on turning the cruise off. In the new coach I have to find the switch on the side console and flip it on which just seems like more effort than needed when time really counts.
Agreed, extra or unwanted activation of the brake cuts into fuel mileage and to a lessor extent comfort for the passengers.

Also I believe if set up correctly, while using cruise the Jake should come on on steep hills to prevent from overshooting your speed by more than X MPH.
Windecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjim8499 View Post
Why would you want to have the Jake and cruse on at the same time.I personally like coast down the hills and save a little fuel. I guess if you live in the flat lands and never go down hill it would work for me.
jim E
06 exec
Old 03-27-2017, 08:19 PM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windecker View Post
Perfect, thank you! I know exactly where that is. Actually that brings up another point, my new to me coach does not have the Jake Brake pedal which I do intend to add. No clue why Monaco chose to not have the pedal unless it is a Detroit thing
They just have an on/off switch next to the high/low switch which adds another question. Why the heck do you have to have the Jake Brake switch off to use the cruise? Just seems silly.
Thanks!
Windecker
Hi - former student from I67 and owner of a 2000 Dynasty here. If you are looking for the switch PAC used in older Monaco's, here is a version of it - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

For my application I had to reverse the contacts inside, but otherwise an identical switch.
steined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 05:39 AM   #22

Thanks for the link! Awesome, actually in the Amazon "other related items" portion of this page has the exact switch that I had in my 99.
$23.00 and about an hour to wire up, sounds good to me. Thanks again.
Windecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by steined View Post
Hi - former student from I67 and owner of a 2000 Dynasty here. If you are looking for the switch PAC used in older Monaco's, here is a version of it - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

For my application I had to reverse the contacts inside, but otherwise an identical switch.