Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-11-2021, 09:06 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
New to us Monaco Diplomat

Good Day everyone.

We took possession of our new to us 2013 Monaco Diplomat 43DFT this past Wednesday night. We loaded it out and took it out this weekend for a shake down cruise and weekend.

Everything was great and as much as I love our 2007 American Revolution LE 40E this coach has ticked off the rest of our wants.

One thing I am going to get set up is the Sani Com system. I don't think its ever been used at least for a long time. The pump works but the black flex hose that connects to the bottom of the waste tank fitting is disconnected and previous owner was using a normal gravity method for waste. The Sani Com set up looks factory original but the waste fitting is a traditional twist bayonet end and needs a 90 slip on end for the black Sani Con hose to be able to be be used by an included screw clamp.

My question for the group. Whomever has the Sani Con on their Monaco, can you let me know if there is a specific hose connector used that the black flex line would be able to slide on connecting the waste tank to the pump. From the bottom of the fitting to the floor of the water bay is only a few inches and that is what leads me to believe someone changed something.

Thank you.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-11-2021, 03:11 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Sani Con hookup

To my earlier question, my Sani Con black hose that is supposed to attach to the main septic discharge connection will not fit. The main drain fitting is too close to the bottom of the bottom of the bay floor and only a few inches above the bay floor plug.

I don't want to goof up the current set up in the event I want to stick with the current gravity system and I sure don't want to start cutting into a system that works already just to be able to have room to hook up a 90 to attach the Sani Con hosel.

SOOOOOO, I ordered a 4" to 3" silicon 90 degree elbow. Its for a air ram or turbo connection so it should be flexible and water proof. The 4" side should slide straight over the bayonet ears and give me enough room to use the 90. The 3" side will have a piece of 3" PVC it to allow me to use spring clamps on both the elbow and the discharge hose without crushing it. The top of the 4" piece in theory should be able to be pushed up high enough to go over the current bayonet lugs and let me use a spring clamp on that as well and allow me to leave all the plumbing intact. I poured water into the 3" sani con hose and the pump works fine so I will send pics when I get it set up.
Old 10-11-2021, 03:52 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
can you attach some photos? Someone might have a better idea if they can see exactly what the issue is.
Good luck
CountryB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diplomat, monaco, monaco diplomat