RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-13-2013, 05:38 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
New to us Monaco Windsor

Hi

New to RVing and I have a couple of questions

First I was trying to program the Keyless entry the problem is I can not find the program button. They said it is located under the right side of the dash, but looked everywhere and we could not find it.

Second I was using the air horn and it would not shut off for awhile. That was not fun. I looked back at old posts and only found where the horn would not work.

Third and last for now my map light is out on the drivers side and for the life of me I can not find out how to open it and replace the bulb.

We had a excellent trip home from Florida a couple of weeks ago. We got home the day after the snow storm and were lucky my buddy let us put the RV in his storage building since we did not have time to winterize it.

I have been reading this site for awhile now and have learned so much I thank everyone for all their help.

Thank You
regvett is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-13-2013, 05:47 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by regvett View Post
Hi

First I was trying to program the Keyless entry the problem is I can not find the program button. They said it is located under the right side of the dash, but looked everywhere and we could not find it.
MIne is under the left side of the dash, small red button.
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:00 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Did you check inside the dash from underneath? They may have tucked it out of sight for safe keeping. It's a very small button just loose on the end of its wires.

Quote:
Second I was using the air horn and it would not shut off for awhile. That was not fun. I looked back at old posts and only found where the horn would not work.
The air horn solenoid is attached to the firewall. Seems like yours needs some lubricant.

I know I love my Windsor - hope you do too. They are not without their quirks though.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:15 PM   #4

Country Coach Owners Club
A couple of suggestions, the outdoor keyless entry reset switch should be under the passengers cup holder by the door. I believe this is a plastic holder which pops out. If the light you are telling us about is the black one on the end of a flex cable I would ask if you tried turning the head? The switch is in the head on ours.
2-Nickels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:49 AM   #5

Our experience matches "2-Nickels". The switch under the cup holder is just hanging in the bundle with the wire loom that goes to the armrest switches, the "salesman switch" and the back of the door keypad.

The horn could be a sticking air solenoid. Hopefully it isn't electrical. You might try tapping on the solenoid, if you can stand the noise and it stays honking long enough to open the front and get to it. Also, if that happens, and you have time, try monitoring the voltage on the solenoid while someone honks the horn, and see if the voltage drops with the horn button, or persists. I say that, because we had a problem with a wire that had laid against the headlight relay lug in the front run panel, worn through the insulation, and was energizing the relay causing the horn to honk, intermittently, on its own.

Good luck. Chasing these sorts of things can be monsters, or they can be fun.
K7JV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:22 AM   #6
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Ron, I responded to the question about the keyless entry program switch over in the "Welcome" area for the forum, but just in case you don't see it I will respond here too!

On our coach the program switch is behind the radio and two small drawers in the center of the dash. It is a pretty small switch and may be hard to spot in all the wires. It's just hanging down back there, not attached to anything.

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:36 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Thanks to everyone for all the good advice. I will be going to work on her this weekend and will let everyone know how I make out. But I will not try the horn repair till I can move it out side you all know why.

Thanks again
Old 01-14-2013, 10:46 AM   #8
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Ron, one further comment. I was able to get to the program switch by just removing the two drawers. I did not have to remove the radio.
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 03:24 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good
Thank you
Old 01-15-2013, 09:53 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
The small button on my 03 Windsor is on the drivers side tucked up under the dash behind the radio. Had to have the DW listen for the beeps while reseting the code cause she has better hearing than me I could not hear a thing.

Also on your map light try turning the headlight nob all the way clockwise if it don't come on flip the switch on the map light

Great coach love mine now I got all the bugs out of it but there's always something to tinker with

Don
dpeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 02:41 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Hi
I just wanted to give everyone an update. I found the reset button for the door key pad there are 2 buttons 1 black and one red there is also a little light with them all taped together. I tried to program the code but it did not work. I tried it with the key off and turned the key on but did not start it. There were too many things beeping and buzzing I could not hear the 3 beeps, all well. I was also able to remove the map light cover, now to find a bulb.

Thank you all for all your help. I will let everyone know when it is programmed.

Ron
Old 01-20-2013, 06:21 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
The map light on the driver side is controlled by the headlight switch. Turn it clockwise. If its the round flush light. The cover unscrews from the base.
Gorlininc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
monaco