RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-27-2012, 04:41 PM   #1

New twist to Trimark keyless entry

I find I can unlock 4 of 8 under coach compartments with the key. The other 4 remain locked and unable to unlock. I have spoke to Trimark and to a local Holiday Rambler service department with no luck as to what has/had happened. the only solution seems to be to drill out the locks and which would then require the complete handle assembly to be replaced.
Does anyone have experience with having multiple actuators seize up at the same time.
Is there anywhere that I could be directed that could offer me assistance.
I cannot get into the Aqua hot compartment, both doors on the compartment directly in front of the aquahot and the passanger side front comparment door.

Thank You
Marshall
junglturbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-27-2012, 06:13 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Do they not have a manual key lock override?
Old 06-27-2012, 06:13 PM   #3
rex

Monaco Owners Club
What year Dynasty do you have?

Try turning off the main battery disconnect switches near the batteries and then try the compartment locks. With no power, the key-less actuator should not be powered and perhaps the lock will operate in that mode. Let us know if they do or do not.

Also, are the doors that will not open on the same side, and are they all adjacent to each other? If yes, then which side and in what position relative to front to back of coach.

2001 Monaco Diplomat 40' PDQ - 08 Honda CR-V
rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 07:26 PM   #4
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Just another thought......could your key be worn out or is a copy of an original. If so, can you have Trimark send you a new key.....that is if you can locate a number on your current key.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 07:50 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
A friend had a similar problem. We found out the solenoids were burned up due to a sticking relay. Seems Monaco used intermittent service solenoids rather than the thermally protected. A lock smith was able to get the doors opened. We replaced all of the solenoids with the thermal protected.
Gordon66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 09:25 PM   #6

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I have some what of the similar problem, mine is that the doors will unlock sometimes with the key bob but I am able to unlock with the key, but when I lift up on the handle it won't pull up the latch, the handle will release but the latch won't come up out of the channel. Yet at times they will work fine, even after I get the door open and operate the handle it works great. I have wandered if the frame becomes slightly twisted when leveling the motor home. I now have a hole drilled all the way through the square channel so I can ( in emergency) I can take a coat hanger and push the latch up to open the door. If anyone can figure this puzzle out I would be great full.
Squanto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 12:29 AM   #7

Trimark keyless entry problem.

Thanks everyone for your advice and ideas.
We have pretty well concluded that for some reason a relay stuck and burnt out the solenoids. As Larry said it appears that all the solenoids are toast,Four of them are seized solid making it impossible to open with a key.
I was able to crawl inside across to the seized door switch and I had to disassemble the solenoid off of the latching mechanism to unlatch the door. I put the solenoid into a vise and could not free it up. I still have three that I can't get access to and will be seeing a locksmith tommorow to hopefully get it opened.

Larry, did you get the thermal protected solenoids from Trimark/
I had spoke with a fellow from Trimark this afternoon and he said that Monaco had not specified thermal protected actuators and he had heard of this happening, although he did not give me an easy solution for opening the compartments other than breaking the latch.
Is there something that needs to be checked on the relays to ensure that this doesn't happen again?

Thanks again everyone.
junglturbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 08:46 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by junglturbine View Post
Trimark keyless entry problem.

Thanks everyone for your advice and ideas.
We have pretty well concluded that for some reason a relay stuck and burnt out the solenoids. As Larry said it appears that all the solenoids are toast,Four of them are seized solid making it impossible to open with a key.
I was able to crawl inside across to the seized door switch and I had to disassemble the solenoid off of the latching mechanism to unlatch the door. I put the solenoid into a vise and could not free it up. I still have three that I can't get access to and will be seeing a locksmith tommorow to hopefully get it opened.

Larry, did you get the thermal protected solenoids from Trimark/
I had spoke with a fellow from Trimark this afternoon and he said that Monaco had not specified thermal protected actuators and he had heard of this happening, although he did not give me an easy solution for opening the compartments other than breaking the latch.
Is there something that needs to be checked on the relays to ensure that this doesn't happen again?

Thanks again everyone.
Yes, we got the thermally protected actuators from Trimark. They are purple in color where the old ones were black. After the install everything has worked fine.
Old 06-28-2012, 08:52 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon66 View Post
Yes, we got the thermally protected actuators from Trimark. They are purple in color where the old ones were black. After the install everything has worked fine.
What did they cost, wondering if this is something I should proactively replace.
Old 06-28-2012, 08:52 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Some where around $7.00 ea.