Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-15-2010, 11:18 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Newbie Parts question

I am a newbie/want to be first time DP buyer. I have looked at several used, out of warrantee Monaco products but I am concerned about finding parts since I have read about the Monaco bankruptcy. Can any of you Monaco product owners give me input as to how hard it is to find parts especially things for the coach versus the chassis.

Thanks
tdb8254 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-15-2010, 11:45 AM   #2

Welcome to the forum!! I'm not a Monaco owner, but maybe I can assist a little...

It is true that the old Monaco corporation is no more, but there is a "new" Monaco which after all is said and done I understand is pretty much owned/run by the same executives. They take no warranty responsibility for coaches built by the "former" company, but are producing coaches and parts as before. For instance, Monaco builds their own chassis, and a great many in recent years have had problems with cracked trailing arms. It is my understanding that the new Monaco is providing repair parts for the trailing arms (at owner expense). If the new Monaco doesn't have replacement parts available, there are a number of RV salvage companies on the internet where people can often find brand unique parts for their RV. After a certain number of years you can get into that situation regardless of the brand and their current status.

Other than unique chassis parts (since they build their own chassis) and things like body panels, most other items like appliances, fixtures, etc are pretty common to the RV industry.

Perhaps a Monaco owner will chime in and shed a bit more light for you...
AFChap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 11:55 AM   #3

There is no issue with parts due to the old Monaco bankruptcy. The new Navistar owned Monaco RV LLC is providing tech support and a source for parts although most parts are available from other sources.

Steve O
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 12:16 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
The trailing arm issue is only related to the RR4R chassis. As Steve said there is no issue with parts availability "New" Monaco is providing tech and parts support for all year and models of the "Old" Monaco Corp. If you are buying from a dealer make sure that there are no outstanding recalls on the coach. You can also contact a company called Source Engineering to check on the trailing arm issue for any coach you are looking at.
itdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 04:12 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
All of the above are correct. Monaco only built the chassis and everything else was purchased from another source and installed to build the coach. Parts are available from either an RV supplier [water pump, lights, plumbing fixtures, appliances etc.] or truck/auto part suppliers[wheel bearings, front end parts, filters,engine parts etc.].
Old 05-15-2010, 05:37 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Re Parts

Thanks for the info re parts on Monaco products based on this I will keep them on my list.I looked at a very nice 2004 Safri Cheetah yesterday from a private party, trailing arms had not been replaced the owner had never heard of the problem. I shared with them a copy of the recall notice I found on another forum.

Thanks for your help
tdb8254 is offline   Reply With Quote