Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-12-2008, 09:32 AM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Hey Sacs -- Looks like Mama did a very good job of parking -- Bill Willard
William Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-12-2008, 01:09 PM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BudtheDiplomat:
I'd like to see a TV & cabinet that flips up to the ceiling when not in use, and down when wanted. Seems that would open this big windshield for a more panoramic view.
Bud </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Some of the high end Monaco's like the Signature have a front TV that retracts up into the ceiling just like you dream of.

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 03:40 PM   #17

Great set up SACs, and a darn nice picture of MM too!

Mbl Cndo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 04:55 PM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
I had a feeling that was MM when I saw the picture on the photo pages. Thanks for confirming it, Mbl Cndo.
Robin_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 05:43 PM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
I figured my idea about the flip-up TV wasn't a new idea. And for the cost of a Signature, I'll be bumping head on this TV cabinet for many years to come. I'll be one happy camper, tho, when I know how to disable this ignition/TV thing-a-ma-jig.
Robin - on mine, there is an access panel on the rear of the cabinet like you said, but the outlet is virtually inaccessible without removing the TV and getting in from the front. The outlet is located high inside toward the driver and even difficult to plug the TV in without a double-jointed elbow. I haven't tried "seeing" it with a mirror, and will give that a shot in the next week.
I'm not brave enough to take the TV off on a brand new RV - the wife would have my head.
'11 Z-71 4X4 toad
BudtheDiplomat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 06:11 PM   #20

Ronboc,
I just installed a 32 inch lcd up front. Still have a top and bottom trim piece to be made but it will be a very clean install.
Take a look at the Sony Alevia, the width is only 31 inches. My cabinet was 30 inches on the inside and 31 5/8 outside. I routed out the two side pieces on the inside to get the required width. It was a very time consuming job but enough for the lcd to fit back in there without any overhang on the front.
Its well worth the trouble to get a larger screen size, HD and to get rid of the heavy old tv although it just about killed me getting it out the door. Must have weighed 75 lbs.
Letsgoagain
Old 03-12-2008, 06:57 PM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Man oh Man...this has WAAAAY to much testosterone going on in this thread! ( I can almost picture all of you at a "Tool-Time with Tim the Toolman Taylor show...all going "Ooh-Ooh-Ooh"! )It looks like I am gonna have to go back...answer a few posts and straighten this out
Give me some time...

MM

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 07:06 PM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
I got me a chainsaw!!!! Ohh- Ohhh- Ohh!

Sold: 2007 Holiday Rambler Ambassador 40' diesel Motor Coach
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 07:50 PM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">There is a fuse you can pull, but without seeing the coach, and it is 526 miles away, I don't remember which one it is. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Bud,

I am looking at a schematic of the main fuse/relay panel in the front run bay dated 2005. It shows Fuse #15 (7.5a) which comes off an ignition buss and feeds a circuit called "TV IGN RELAY/LEVELING L-OUT"

I cannot confirm that...

1. It's the correct fuse
2. It doesn't also feed another circuit that you might not want to disable (Don't know what "LEVELING L-OUT" means.)
3. That the diagram would be applicable to a 2008 coach.

... but you could experiment with that and see what happens. If pulling that fuse does the trick, I think I'd also want to confirm what "LEVELING L-OUT" means (Leveling Lock-Out?), and how the leveling system might be impacted by pulling that fuse, if at all. Wish I had a schematic for that system, but I don't.
Robin_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 07:55 PM   #24
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
ronboc.....I put a 32" Sony Bravia (pricey) in mine. It's 31.2" wide and fits between the wood uprights if your housing is similar to mine. I only had to notch a small spot for some TV inputs in the face frame.

I think the way Sacs/MM went is the only way to go with HD. I believe you can buy a domed satelite with HD, but it has to turn to change from one sat to another and could be very slow. The MotoSat has the abillity like a home unit and can look at several sats at once.
Dutch Star Don is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 08:04 PM   #25

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
That fuse sounds like the correct one.... I will try to get outside and check in the AM..but it all depends on the weather and timing I have!

MM

Old 03-12-2008, 08:07 PM   #26

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
OK, DipD...where are your photos of the new install??

MM

Old 03-12-2008, 08:32 PM   #27

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Evidently MM is not going to post any of these pics of the new TV system. I had not even seen these myself till just now </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Sacs..I had not posted here cuz I thought you should see it before the majority of the Monaco board..posted the pics...as I was clearing the MicroDrive...

Old 03-12-2008, 09:19 PM   #28

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Evidently MM is not going to post any of these pics of the new TV system. I had not even seen these myself till just now </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
ok...I WAS going to get around to it ..this week...at some point..