RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-22-2020, 10:40 AM   #15

Excel Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
YC1- The OP stated in post 1 that he has AC power up to and through the EMS. He needs to be starting there on his testing. I would not rule anything out until it was tested.
rarebear.nm is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-24-2020, 05:34 PM   #16

no 12 volt or ac inside coach

First of all, I would like to apologize for not responding sooner. I fixed the problem that all of you graciously offered me solutions to try. This morning I solved the problem. As I mentioned earlier all 4 coach batteries were dead, as a result, 12 volts nor ac were flowing to the inverter. I checked the Transfer Switch and ac was coming in and out just not to the next point which I believe should have been the inverter. So yesterday and all last night I charged the 4 coach batteries. Then after they were charged I reconnected them and plugged into shore power and everything inside the coach (12 volts and ac) worked like it was supposed to. Why the 4 batteries died, I don't know. But I have a suspicion that the Trickle Charger that I put on about 15 years ago finally stopped trickling. So I am replacing the Trickle Charger with Granite Digital pulse charger, maintainer, tester, and batter plate cleaner. if anyone needs info on it go to granitedigital.com or jbtools.com which has a better price.
Thanks agisn to everyone for your input on my problem.
Stay Healthy & Be Safe,
Dan
dimples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 08:45 PM   #17

When plugged into shore wouldn't the charger part of your inverter charge
the batteries ?
I'm pretty sure it should and if its not you will probably end up with dead
batteries again .

Ray
RamiDav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 08:50 PM   #18

Ray, it used to but this time it didn’t so that’s why I pulled out the 15 year old Trickle Charger as I think it was the cause of the problem

Dan
dimples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 10:15 AM   #19
YC1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
When batteries get run down very low on these monsters it is like the "blue screen of death" on a computer. It can take a completer power down such as removing the battery from the computer, pulling the cord, etc. On a coach removing the battery lead, charging things up and reapplying power often solves lots of mysteries.

Transfer switches often have 12 volt controls. The EMS has 12 volt controls. The load shedding components have 12 volts. The air conditioners need 12 volts to run.

Refrigerators often need 12 volts. So the batteries are the heartbeat of the monster mechanical computer.

I have changed many tiny batteries in computers that people don't even know exist.

When a problem comes up like this and I discuss it with someone I tell them I will be playing a game called (20 questions). I tell them I may ask the same questions again, or slightly different. Often a simple reworded question will elicit the tiny clue needed to resolve the issue. Or they will offer a clue they thought was silly or unrelated.

If this was my coach I would be taking pictures and writing down voltage measurements for any future issues, because there will be a test I promise you.
Aluminator tow bar, Demco base plate
YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power