Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-30-2018, 01:52 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
No 12VDC to Aquahot unit-2004 Monaco Sig

My Coach is a 2004 Monaco Sig. I m getting no 12v power arriving to Aquahot unit.Changed all AH fuses in front and rear run boxes,to mitigate those possibilities.Roger believes there may be more places to hide fuses for the AH.
REV is no help! Does anyone know where i might look for more hiding places.
thanking you for your help.Tim
cyclonestim is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-30-2018, 04:06 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclonestim View Post
My Coach is a 2004 Monaco Sig. I m getting no 12v power arriving to Aquahot unit.Changed all AH fuses in front and rear run boxes,to mitigate those possibilities.Roger believes there may be more places to hide fuses for the AH.
REV is no help! Does anyone know where i might look for more hiding places.
thanking you for your help.Tim
I've got the same coach you do and have had this low/no voltage problem several times. Have you checked the reset on the AQH control panel. It's located on the ceiling of passenger side in the bay to the rear of your fuel fill. Nothing will work until you do a reset.
super_rep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 04:14 PM   #3

Did you remove AH panel that covers check valves etc., I think there may be a few in there.
Outbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 10:06 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
No 12VDC

Tks Outbound--There are several fuses there at the fuse block
No power getting TOO the AQH Unit-Main hot in--DEAD

CHET
Thankyou so much for the heads up that there is indeed some kind of reset "SOMEWHERE"..I got pretty excited when i found a box on the roof that i had forgot was there..but it turned out to be a combination two plug 110v-phone jack and 12V cig style plug in the box..
so I checked every bay ceiling for anything close to what might fit the description of what I m looking for..Not a sign of anything so far. It always amazes me the amount of hide and go seek that went on in the build process of the same year and model coaches and RVs in general over the last 20 years in particular..Anyway keep digging I guess
Old 12-01-2018, 08:28 AM   #5

On our '06 Dynasty, likely at least somewhat similar in control design thinking, the main +12V to the AquaHot is a #10 black conductor fed from fuse #6 (the top fuse, 25 amp) on board #5 in the rear run box.

On our coach, there is a total of nine fuses for the AquaHot system. Six of the nine are in the Intellitec panel, which you may or may not have. I don't think the Intellitec multiplex system was in the '04 models, but it might have been. Those six fuses are for: 1) AquaHot Diesel power control, 2) AquaHot 110V power control, 3) Bathroom Fan power control, 4) Kitchen Fan power control - LOW, 5) Kitchen Fan power control - MEDIUM, and 6) Kitchen Fan power control - HIGH.

There are two fuses in the front run box. The one in fuse position #1 on Board #14 is labeled, but there are no conductors or a fuse in that position. The other is in fuse position #2 on Board #11. Unfortunately, I've never been able to determine the function of that fused circuit.

Finally, there is the one fuse in the rear run box. It is in position #6 (top) on board #5, and is the primary power source for the AquaHot. I believe that wire runs, uninterrupted, from that board #5 to the lug on the bottom of the AquaHot control board. Board #5 is fed in the rear run box from the coach battery, and is on the un-switched side of the source, so it should always be at +12V.

Also, that same board powers the refrigerator (Norcold) and the Aladdin system. So if those both are functioning, the only potential power source problem points could be the 25 amp fuse, the wire connection to board #5, the conductor itself from there to the AquaHot location, or the wire connection to the bottom lug on the AquaHot control board.

We will all be interested to see what you learn. Our coach does NOT have any kind of reset button other than the reset button on the AquaHot control board, and the Maintenance Manual for the AquaHot does not refer to any other reset buttons. But that's not to say Monaco might not have put one in. If they did, I would expect it to merely be an interruption in the +12V feed to the AquaHot. If that were the case, that would be perhaps the most likely failure point in the circuit from the fuse to the AquaHot, itself. So if you have +12V to the black wire on board #5 in the rear run box, and you don't have it at the lug on the bottom of the AquaHot board, I would keep searching for that reset button "super rep" is suggesting.
K7JV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 08:44 AM   #6

What’s the model number?
falconman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 02:19 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Sorry Dan, i should have listed that at the start--AHE 100 02S

Jim thankyou so much for all the information-It will give me a new shovel to dig with--I ll get back to you as to what develops
Old 12-01-2018, 02:47 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Sorry Dan, i should have listed that at the start--AHE 100 02S

Jim thankyou so much for all the information-It will give me a new shovel to dig with--I ll get back to you as to what develops
Old 12-02-2018, 12:44 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Tim,

You didn't specify whether the 120V element is working, or whether the problem only exists when trying to use the diesel burner. If it is the later, see if you have 12V at the diesel on/off switch in the coach. I have had the switch fail. Jumpering the power leads (not the light leads) is a quick test to see if the burner kicks on.
On our coach there is a 15A AH fuse on the Domestic panel in the front power box under the driver's seat.

HTH,
Old 12-03-2018, 11:52 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Bob thankyou for your input,the 120VAC is alive and well,but i m getting no 12VDC at the switch in the kitchen either. I ve tried everything i can think of but still no sign of Incoming power so keep digging I guess tks Tim
Old 12-03-2018, 02:23 PM   #11

I know you replaced all the fuses you could locate but wondering if you checked for power at each fuse location? Might help to narrow down the bad circuit.
falconman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 03:08 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by falconman View Post
I know you replaced all the fuses you could locate but wondering if you checked for power at each fuse location? Might help to narrow down the bad circuit.
Yup, sounds like a plan. Focus on fuse E under the cover, that's the input power to the controller and the motor (IIRC).

There is also an AH fuse in the front run box under the drivers seat on our coach. It is in the Domestic bank, 15A, position 14 in our coach.
Old 12-05-2018, 09:16 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Falconman,thanks for the suggestions,I checked each fuse location and have live power so alls good there it seems, I think I have very similar front run box to yours,I will check those locations again,

Bob I ll,Check fuse E again,its 14 degrees out,I m trying to get out of this northern Canadian Icecycle, so very grateful foe everyones imput.(Yes we are in it and just got it back from shop after a catastrophic turbo failure which led to a fire) 14 degrees today here. everything on AC power till i get this solved.

Side note..Mark at Elite RV Restorations and Repair indicated there are no reset system from runboxes to AQH unit on my particular coach.so that eliminates one more place for a failure at least..
Old 12-05-2018, 10:22 AM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Tim, was the turbo failure & fire on your Signature?
Several of us have similar coaches, so if there is something we can check to help you out let us know?
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
monaco