Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-02-2018, 09:28 PM   #1

No city pressure 96 Safari Sahara

Hey guys, not sure if its best to make ONE thread with all my questions, or not, if so I'll ask this to get deleted and move it into my other threads

New to me 96 safari sahari with the cat 300, 36'. we've taken it on two camping trips, and were working the bugs out. So far done all the fluids, filters, shocks, and exhaust system

So, the question is I cant find a way to get the plumbing system to operate with the city pressure. I have one connection in the water valve area. THeres a valve above it with a white lever. RIGHT says pump, and above it says city water fill. I only see the vertical position, then 90 degrees clockwise where he has written "pump". when the tank is full, the pump and all the plumbing works perfect. When the valve is in the UP vertical position, the tank fills up, but if i leave it run, the (what looks like overflow) starts leaking out. Is this how the system should work? tank has to be 100% full in order to pressurize the system? In my last winnebago, there was a seperate inlet for city water. Hook it up, turn it on and away we went. RIght now were just using the pump all the time as we dont know how to get city pressure. THanks in advance. Were working out the bugs, one by one but so far we love it!
graphite9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-02-2018, 09:52 PM   #2

Hookup your potable water hose to City Water connection
Turn valve to 'pump'...leave pump OFF

Should have water via hose

Turn valve to FILL and your fresh water tank will fill up/overflow when full
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 10:05 PM   #3

i dont get pressure with it in the pump position. whatsoever.
Old 12-03-2018, 07:06 AM   #4

I had a similar issue and chased my tail for quite some time and come to find out that the water filters were the culprit.

With the water pump switched on the system had enough pressure to pump water thu the dirty filters, however in the pressure regulated "city water " position it would barely trickle.. if at all

HTH

Happy Trails
Old 12-03-2018, 07:48 AM   #5

Check your pump if the check valve fails it will bypass the pump and fill the freshwater tank
mccrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 05:19 PM   #6

Pump position should give you city water no need to have tank full ,you can't pressurize it. I would check for a blocked line. I had a washer get turned in a fitting and greatly reduced water flow. If it works ok on tank and pump then blockage between fill and pump
Bob
Old 12-03-2018, 07:34 PM   #7

Assuming it works like my Safari Trek, you place the valve in the fill position only when you are filling the onboard tanks, otherwise place it in the pump position which with the pump off should allow the shore connection to pressurize the onboard plumbing. Note there is an integrated water pressure regulator in the fill adapter.
Isaac-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 12:25 PM   #8

thanks everyone. im not too sure where and if there are water filters on this anywhere. I've yet to see any. But maybe thats the issue.
Old 12-31-2018, 09:18 PM   #9

So found I have pressure it’s jusr extremely low. It’s low across the board when hooked to city water.tried two different regulators. It’s got great pressure when running off the pump so all I can figure is there’s some sort of blockage or something. I can’t locate the water filter or pump at this point either.