Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-27-2019, 07:59 AM   #1

No Clearance Lights

I just picked up a 98 Windsor with 42k miles on it for a song. Coach is in amazing shape but does need some of its systems repaired. One of those systems is the clearance lights. Does anyone know if its directly controlled off the old school lights knob on the dash? I am wondering if my lights knob is is burnt out. It flickers the dash lights when its turned and seems problematic. I found the fuse location for it in the center console section and have jumped it out and they come on. There is an inline 15amp fuse that gets power from what I assume is the knob.

I attempted to remove the dash panel (lots of it is cracking around where the screws hold it in) but I could not get it out. I am wondering if it might be better to just add a relay in the fuse panel and have it activate off the parking lights so I don't have to pull the dash apart. Seems like the easy thing to do and there are plenty of open spots to do it.
r3meyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-27-2019, 11:49 AM   #2
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

Congrats on the new rig! I'm not sure what controls those clearance lights.
I have had to replace the headlight switch twice already. I was able to take the screws out of the dash panel on that end and gently pry the panel out far enough to get to the switch.

Have fun and keep her between the ditches!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 12:15 PM   #3

Hi R3myer; As far as I know the clearance lights are part of the parking light circuit that puts power to the parking/clearance lights when the headlight switch is pulled to the first position and second to the headlights on position. The headlight switch with flickering dash light is common. Most owners replace the headlight switch. Not sure if your problem is in the headlight switch or the fuse that powers the parking/clearance lights. As Joe mentioned he has already had to replace the headlight switch and that should not be too hard of a job. Just need to get the panel out far enough to get to the back of the switch. I do have a part number for the switch, but do know if this will fit a 1998 Windsor. Cole Hershee #71092-02-BX. This fits my previous 2000 Windsor and my 01 Windsor and I think Joe's 2002 Windsor. Most auto parts stores have them and are not too expensive. Hope this info helps!
8.3Oilbuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 01:21 PM   #4

thanks for the help and part number. At this point I think I am going to just trigger it off of the parking lights circuit in the fuse panel. I think the amp draw of all of the old school incandescent bulbs probably burned the switch out. If I replace all the markers with LED that should take care of it.

Tags
light, lights