Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-25-2019, 02:21 PM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryB View Post
I don't see why the Shore Power would have any effect on interior lighting. All the lighting is 12VDC.

Shore power is the 120VAC stuff. When you plug into shore power the Transfer switch will connect the shore power to coaches main breaker panel, it would not have any effect on the 12V side.

Shore power feeds the main breaker box which in turn feeds both the Inverter and the higher amperage sub breaker box (for roof AC, Dryer, etc.). The Inverter is there to provide 120VAC from 12VDC when there is no Shore power or generator power (and to charge the batteries).

It has nothing to do with the 12V lighting circuit.

Where does the 12V issue come in to play? Strange.

Are you turning off the 12V battery disconnect (salesman's switch) for some reason?
Everything's up and working ! I had the battery salesman switch off and the 110 cord was plugged in but I forgot to turn it to lock it in. One other question...the power share button on the remote panel ..I put it on 20 amps to match the 110 cord from the barn outlet...is that right ?Click image for larger version

Name:	20190225_141420.jpeg
Views:	36
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	236086
Chuck and Robbin Harrison....plus 1 PB, a G Pyrenees and 1 Jack Russell. Zenie, Smokie and Buddy ! 1998 38' Monaco Dynasty Duke with a 8.3 Cummins. Everyday truck is a 2010 F150 XLT 4x4 and 2016 Ford Escape.
Migkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-25-2019, 02:34 PM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryB View Post
I don't see why the Shore Power would have any effect on interior lighting. All the lighting is 12VDC.

Shore power is the 120VAC stuff. When you plug into shore power the Transfer switch will connect the shore power to coaches main breaker panel, it would not have any effect on the 12V side.

Shore power feeds the main breaker box which in turn feeds both the Inverter and the higher amperage sub breaker box (for roof AC, Dryer, etc.). The Inverter is there to provide 120VAC from 12VDC when there is no Shore power or generator power (and to charge the batteries).

It has nothing to do with the 12V lighting circuit.

Where does the 12V issue come in to play? Strange.

Are you turning off the 12V battery disconnect (salesman's switch) for some reason?
Yes...I had the disconnect switch off...
Chuck and Robbin Harrison....plus 1 PB, a G Pyrenees and 1 Jack Russell. Zenie, Smokie and Buddy ! 1998 38' Monaco Dynasty Duke with a 8.3 Cummins. Everyday truck is a 2010 F150 XLT 4x4 and 2016 Ford Escape.
Old 02-25-2019, 04:25 PM   #17

With a 14/2 extension cord, I would knock the power share down to 15 amps.

You should use 12/2 for 20 amps.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 04:41 PM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinboat View Post
With a 14/2 extension cord, I would knock the power share down to 15 amps.

You should use 12/2 for 20 amps.
Thanks ! Thats what I thought .....will get a new 12/2 cord !
Old 03-01-2019, 09:06 AM   #19

Do you have a progressive intelletec unit it only allows things to work according to how much power you are pulling in if you have one it usually has a switch for 20 amps coming in
davdamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 06:13 PM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by davdamon View Post
Do you have a progressive intelletec unit it only allows things to work according to how much power you are pulling in if you have one it usually has a switch for 20 amps coming in
Yes I have the Progressive system. It works as advertised !! I got things squared away and now everything is running fine. That salesman switch can be a puzzle at times ....

Tags
power, shore power