Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-02-2019, 08:58 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
No directional’s or wipers -Need Help

Now at Alliance Coach in Wildwood FL. Problem, no directional's/wipers. They have diagnosed the problem to a computer board that controls them on the steering wheel. (they switched it with another MH, and all works) There are zero boards available.They have sent the board to M & M repairs in Ohio. On Monday, told that next Monday they will check it. They may/may not be able to repair. So here we sit watching other coaches come in and out. There must be another solution to this. Any comments, as always, are appreciated.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-02-2019, 09:58 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Is it the multiplex board (Chassis Control Module) that is bad? See if this thread is covering the same issue: http://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/smar...lp-429296.html
Good luck
CountryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 12:36 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
That's crazy with a '13 model.
Old 04-04-2019, 07:20 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
If you can get the part number I'd start searching the internet yourself and contacting salvage yards as a last resort. Dealerships will not do this as they want to charge for the repair and/or new parts.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 06:51 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Just an update. There is another post on this also. Board sent to M & M in Ohio. Returned to Alliance and installed. All working. Next morn went to leave, hooked up toad. Same same. The two tech's spent the day (talking with Chris? at M & M). M & M place to go for computer board problems!! Later that day, all seemed to be good. Next morning, left with all working. Now at Hilton Head. Three weeks at Alliance?? Great tech's and they work hard and they want to service the client. Above them, scenic of urgency??
Old 04-12-2019, 07:39 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacwjames View Post
If you can get the part number I'd start searching the internet yourself and contacting salvage yards as a last resort. Dealerships will not do this as they want to charge for the repair and/or new parts.
Part of that is true but it's also a cover your rear situation. If they found a used part and installed it and it burnt out in a week it would make for one ugly situation. Worse yet, installed used part and it's dead on arrival. Someone needs to pay the tech for their time.
If however the customer supplies the part knowing and acknowledging to the facility it's used, they understand no warranty, then the facility is off the hook as far as any kind of warranty then they shouldn't have a problem with maybe bumping up the labor a bit and instilling the used part. You bump up the labor a bit to cover the profit you're losing on the sale of the part. It's an option I'd rarely offer as I hated installing used parts but there are times like this where there isn't a good alternative.

It's just another way to look at why a place might not want to go with used.

BTW I understand the problem as I wanted to upgrade my Thunderbird to LEDs only to find out I couldn't since it doesn't have a separate flasher. It's part of something else and being a '95 I always worry that's one of the things that is going to fail and be a real pain to try and locate or fabricate.

On a 2013 I would think they'd use more off the shelf stuff that's already proven tech rather than spend time and money redesigning something like a turn signal flasher circuit and windshield wiper circuit and then combining them.

Old 04-12-2019, 07:44 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
My suggestion was in the event that M&M couldn't fix the old one and new one couldn't be sourced.

I would only use a salvaged part as a last ditch solution if my back was against the wall.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
need help