Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-28-2021, 12:28 PM   #15

Mine is on when pressed in at bottom, top shows red color when on, 12 volt lights should go on when in on position.
Outbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-28-2021, 12:28 PM   #16

Workhorse Chassis Owner
How do I attach a file to a post?
To attach a file to your post, you need to be using the main 'New Post' or 'New Thread' page and not 'Quick Reply'. To use the main 'New Post' page, click the 'Post Reply' button in the relevant thread.
On this page, below the message box, you will find a button labelled 'Manage Attachments'. Clicking this button will open a new window for uploading attachments. You can upload an attachment either from your computer or from another URL by using the appropriate box on this page. Alternatively you can click the Attachment Icon to open this page.
To upload a file from your computer, click the 'Browse' button and locate the file. To upload a file from another URL, enter the full URL for the file in the second box on this page. Once you have completed one of the boxes, click 'Upload'.
Once the upload is completed the file name will appear below the input boxes in this window. You can then close the window to return to the new post screen.
Old 07-28-2021, 06:06 PM   #17

Did you resolve the issue?
Old 07-29-2021, 05:39 AM   #18

I had a similar issue shortly after picking up our 2005 Diplomat. Turned out the two breakers on the inverter/charger needed reset... Absolutely the last and least obvious solution to a new owner like me.
Old 07-29-2021, 09:52 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanEllis View Post
I had a similar issue shortly after picking up our 2005 Diplomat. Turned out the two breakers on the inverter/charger needed reset... Absolutely the last and least obvious solution to a new owner like me.

Let’s hope it’s that simple... so many times it is!
1997 RexAir 32' Ford F53 Chassis, Banks system.
TriMoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 06:33 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanEllis View Post
I had a service technician come out and check it out. In my case it turned out to be a breaker in my battery box. To me, it seemed it was an odd place and didn’t look like any breaker I’d ever seen. It is a simple looking black square with three cables coming out of it. It was also about midway up the side wall of the battery compartment on the left in my case.

Once flipped back on everything worked fine. It tripped again when I was using the hydraulic leveling system. I flipped it back in and everything works fine.

Thanks everyone for all your help. I know next to nothing about electrical systems and even less about RV electrical systems.
Tomevansfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 06:58 AM   #21

This what the “breaker” looks like:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6B28A83A-2B28-4D0F-9FE0-194BC034BED3.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	428.4 KB
ID:	337979  
Tomevansfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 08:01 AM   #22

This turned out to be a very informative thread. I'm going to be looking for this breaker on my 2008 Monaco Knight.

It seems to me that you may not be done yet... something is heating up or otherwise creating load / high resistance, and tripping this breaker. I'm not savvy enough to know how the electrics related to the hydraulic levelers are triggering the breaker trip. The crimp in that connection in the wire to the right of the breaker looks a little suspect. And I'm wondering what those odd-looking jumper wires are for and if they might be corroded...

@YC1 and @twinboat are great sources and YC1 has all kinds of files on a shared OneDrive including wiring diagrams that would help you. I'll post the link next.

Congrats on overcoming your first problem with your new-to-you DP. This forum is a wealth of info and is a friendly and helpful group of people as you climb the learning curve.
pflightnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 08:03 AM   #23

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aqrv2TUdbV6xjjsv...0-iNu?e=5kcI7O
pflightnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 08:10 AM   #24
YC1

Glad you found the issue however a 150 amp breaker tripping is a real concern.

The breaker may be tired and a replacement might be a good measure.

Cleaning the wires connected to it is important as well.

I believe you learned about the "salesman switch", that switch that controls lots of things inside and if power is lost for some reason always give that a toggle when you find the problem. In other words, loss of DC power can cause two problems and you think you solved it but forgot about that darn switch near the entry.

In many RV's the switch/solenoid combination has been bypassed. You can test that theory by toggling the switch one way and then the other. IF power remains, it has been bypassed.

Here is the link PFLIGHTnut referred to. Download all of them when you get a chance. There is a file on a 2001 Windsor that may be close to your unit.

There are many files that will help teach you how the systems work in these mysterious snow flakes.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aqrv2TUdbV6xjjsv...0-iNu?e=7HLh7v

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 08:14 AM   #25

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomevansfl View Post
We moved from 30’ Airstream to a used Class A. Yesterday I picked up a 2001 40’ diplomat and everything worked fine.

Last night we camped in it for the first time. Everything worked. A/Cs ran during the night. This morning there is no power in the coach. The xantrex says inverter on, batteries at 100%, but there is no power going to anything. None of the power status lights are lit. I can’t select power source. I checked all the house breakers in the bedroom and none tripped. Checked fuses and all are intact.

RV park sent maintenance to check pedestal. It is getting full volts & amps. Park said I could swap sites & confirmed power at that pedestal at a different site.

Fridge runs off inverter and microwave clock has power. Batteries still at full charge.

Generator was powering A/Cs while I contacted dealer but it stopped and won’t restart. Generator won’t restart even when engine is running and I press the aux start button. Dealer said he would send maintenance tech but that won’t be for 2-3 days. I cranked the engine to lower the coach to move but slides won’t come in and now hydraulic levelers won’t go back down. I’m stuck.

HELP!
edit; I see you have found the main problem but this might still be applicable.

If possible take a step back and realize this is pretty common when coming to your first Class A. These are very complex and some of the issues are likely operator error. I bet over 50 percent of our problems are battery or connection problems. With hydraulic levelers the fluid being low can cause many problems. You are going to eventually ( with youtube help and maybe mechanic ) get through these one by one.

On our first day my wife asked me to call the seller and ask if he would just take it back. We would have paid him 1k or more to just give it back.
We've had it for a year now and have worked through the bugs and couldn't be happier.
okcnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 10:24 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by pflightnut View Post
This turned out to be a very informative thread. I'm going to be looking for this breaker on my 2008 Monaco Knight.

It seems to me that you may not be done yet... something is heating up or otherwise creating load / high resistance, and tripping this breaker. I'm not savvy enough to know how the electrics related to the hydraulic levelers are triggering the breaker trip. The crimp in that connection in the wire to the right of the breaker looks a little suspect. And I'm wondering what those odd-looking jumper wires are for and if they might be corroded...

@YC1 and @twinboat are great sources and YC1 has all kinds of files on a shared OneDrive including wiring diagrams that would help you. I'll post the link next.

Congrats on overcoming your first problem with your new-to-you DP. This forum is a wealth of info and is a friendly and helpful group of people as you climb the learning curve.
The "odd looking jumper wires" are rubber. This is a standard 12 volt circuit breaker. It has two small caps intended to protect the two 12 volt wire connecting studs. The "wires" tether the caps so they don't get lost.
Persistent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 10:38 AM   #27

If you have the manual for the hydralic leveling system, look thru it to see what amp circuit breaker it requires.

If its less the 150 amps, then your leveler system pump motor may be failing, causing high amp draw.

That may be the next thing that needs repair.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 10:39 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomevansfl View Post
What position is the salesman switch supposed to be in. Mine is a rocker switch that is in the middle position, I.e. the switch is neither pressed at the top or bottom.
The battery disconnect switch is a momentary rocker switch. Center is normal.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
no power, power