Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-23-2022, 04:56 AM   #1

No Power Issue 2000 HR Endeavor

2000 Holiday Rambler, Endeavor, 38 ft
Freightliner XC Classic Chassis

Caterpillar 3126 330hp Turbo-Diesel
Allison Transmission

The problem:

Was sitting , parked having lunch with a Onan 7500 quiet diesel generator supplying power to both A/C's, lighting and water pump etc. I knew fuel level was low, but my next stop was to refuel at a nearby station, but the Generator beat me to the punch - it sputtered for a second then shut down , as it has on the few occasions its reached the end of it's supply.

However, this time the shutdown seemed particularly, rough (it was under a pretty good load) and when it quit it seems to have taken all of the coach/house power with it, both AC & DC. The chassis power is unaffected. This includes the Inverter, which will not power up. Likewise, even with a full fuel tank, the generator will not start because it's getting no power.

I have checked the AC circuit breakers, the DC fuses, the circuit breakers on both the Inverter and Generator and the GFCI outlets - all of which are in normal condition (not tripped or blown). The only status indicator lamp that is lit is the indicator that shows the solar panels are charging the batteries. I have also tested all the coach/house batteries with a multi meter and all are fully charged.

I have not yet had an opportunity to connect shore power, to find out if that makes any difference.

I'm stumped and if anyone has any insight as to what the cause may be, or any ideas of what else I can check/test, I would be most grateful.
WinCopTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-23-2022, 08:56 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
As a wild guess, try resetting the Salesman switch by the Front Door.
Mutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 09:45 PM   #3

Maybe flip the main power shutoff switch - on/off.

I would start testing to see where the power is being cut- off.

Start at the house battery- then keep moving one item down - switch - fuses inverter inputs. Etc.

Good luck!
Rocketman3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 06:39 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Need to get out a volt meter and start checking circuits.

Not sure which battery bank is used to start the generator so I'd start with both battery disconnect switches and work your way through each circuit.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
endeavor, no house power, onan diesel generator