Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-29-2017, 01:16 PM   #1

no power to dash radio and batt disconnect

There is no power to the dash radio Usually when theres no power to the dash radio I just go to the bedroom and flip the rocker switch that is accident ly shut off and power is restored. Not this time so one of things I checked was the battery cut off ( rocker switch inside the coach by the entry door)
So this battery cutoff is also not working but that doesnt mean its related to the dash radio not working or does it? Im plugged into shore power and everything else is working. There is a dash radio fuse in the bedroom fuse panel but it looks good. Ideas?
Monacoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-29-2017, 02:16 PM   #2

Find the coach battery solenoid. It typically has a small inline fuse at the solenoid. On many motorhomes, the coach battery powers the radio.
nosticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 05:13 PM   #3

The solenoid could also be bad, these do go out. They are located in the main power bay on my Monaco which is located in the engine compartment on mine
Good Luck
HWYYHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 09:07 PM   #4

I will search for that inline fuse and check the solenoid s
Thankyou guys
Old 04-30-2017, 05:18 PM   #5

Ok I could not find any inline fuses on the house side and im not sure which solonoid I am looking for. The solenoid that connects house to chassis batteries should have nothing to do with the radio because while parked its out of play. Also that solenoid has failed a couple of times but never did it affect the dash radio.

I am wondering if the rocker switch battery cuttoff inside the coach has any relation to the radio not working. That cutoff does nothing where as before when it was working it would clunk and cut the house power.
Old 05-02-2017, 04:26 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
The solenoid is a can shaped looking thing and should be inside the black fuse "box" in the bay under the drivers seat. One side has a large red wire going to it the other side should be black. Once you see it, give a light tap with a hammer (no, I am not kidding) If the relay is stuck this may fix it.

It looks something like this.
-Gramps- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 06:48 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Gramps- View Post
The solenoid is a can shaped looking thing and should be inside the black fuse "box" in the bay under the drivers seat. One side has a large red wire going to it the other side should be black. Once you see it, give a light tap with a hammer (no, I am not kidding) If the relay is stuck this may fix it.

It looks something like this.
I saw that solenoid in the fuse box thankyou for confirming that it is the cutoff. I never had a use for that cutoff switch and the only times it was used is when we accidentally bumped it. So it is stuck in the on position which is good I guess and bumping into the switch wont be an issue. I was just curious if the failure of that switch or solenoid was related to the radio. I don't think so . I read in the manual that there is a reset switch. I will try that. Hey I like your coach!

Tags
dash, power, radio