Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-22-2022, 09:26 AM   #1

No Power to DC fuse panel

The thing’s normally controlled by Dc power is out. I don’t have power at the fuse panel. The inverter appears to be working. I unhooked house batteries and tested them and are showing 13.5 volts. Where do I check back from the house fuse panel for power?
Bruzzer DK is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-22-2022, 09:29 AM   #2

Bruzzer DK-

Do you have a house battery switch, perhaps near the entry door, on your Dynasty? If you do, I'd cycle that once or twice before checking anything else.
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 09:32 AM   #3

From User Profile:

Monaco
RV Model Dynasty
RV Length 38
Persistent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 09:43 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruzzer DK View Post
The thing’s normally controlled by Dc power is out. I don’t have power at the fuse panel. The inverter appears to be working. I unhooked house batteries and tested them and are showing 13.5 volts. Where do I check back from the house fuse panel for power?
The inverter/converter/charger provides 12 volt power to the main fuse panel. That device is working because you said the inverter is working and the battery has charging voltage on its terminals.

The easiest place to look for failure is on the main fuse panel. Different inverter/converters have different configurations. Modern designs may have two fuses. My small unit has a 30 amp and a 40 amp. If either one blows, all house 12 volts goes out. One fuse may be labeled "Reverse Polarity". Higher capacity converters may have higher capacity fuses.

Also look for loose or corroded connections on wires from fuse panel to the inverter/converter/charger. Vibration often loosens connectors. Ground connections often corrode. However, it can be any connection. Look for burned insulation near connectors.
Persistent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 09:44 AM   #5

I feel like a dummy. One of the grandkids must of turned off the battery cut off switch. Everything is working except the front Rc6 remote control panel. It’s a 1998 Monaco Dynasty
Old 07-22-2022, 10:01 AM   #6

Thanks for the battery cut off advice! Does anyone have a suggestion as to why nothing is lighting up on the front RC6 remote control?
Old 07-22-2022, 10:19 AM   #7

In the process of checking the converter I inadvertently plugged the RC6 into the wrong socket. Everything is working I can get back to enjoying vacation!

Tags
fuse, no power, panel, power