Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-19-2022, 05:50 PM   #15

This print, in CountryB's One Drive, of which a link was provided above, shows the Ign Gauges are fed from a 10A fuse, which YC! and 153stars mentioned.
OldWEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-19-2022, 07:58 PM   #16

I'm wondering if we will ever hear back to the outcome. Not all in fuse for gauge info exactly the same bit there is one somewhere. There should be a fuse and box location map by law laminated somewhere in all MHs.
And for my wife's old Ford Windstar, I should be able slap the person/s responsible for the chart on cover being a mirror image of the layout. What were they thinking. Bring to dealer because you didn't interpret it right I guess.
That reminds me. I totally forgot a guy was selling the fuses with tiny LEDs on EBay that light when blown. You could custom build an order in like a group of 20. I don't think any were under 5a.The price was pretty good too.
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2022, 03:53 AM   #17
YC1

Quote:
Originally Posted by doanjax View Post
Yes i sent message to that monaco link a week ago. No phone numbers listed for them. Its all thru Rev Rv

I would be very surprised if they have any diagrams going back to these year models. I managed to buy a factory CD for my 2008 when it was new.

The cd has an index you have to use and then find the file it says to go to. What a pain that was.

It took a couple of years to rename all the files and sort them into something useful. I can use the search feature on my file search and come up with multiple files in order to narrow the search down.

There is enough information to fill a huge CD.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2022, 08:31 AM   #18

yes sir, with multimeter, getting 12v on that fuse when the key is on! Does that suggest a short somewhere? thanks, Steve
doanjax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2022, 10:10 AM   #19

the wires from the dash cluster go to a box on the wall just in front of the driver's left foot. One plug is labeled with the J1939 labels and the other plug receives the white wires from the dash gauges. Any idea what the box is??? or if there is any way to test the signal coming to and from??? thanks, Steve
doanjax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2022, 12:10 PM   #20
YC1

Quote:
yes sir, with multimeter, getting 12v on that fuse when the key is on! Does that suggest a short somewhere? thanks, Steve

NO, that suggest an OPEN. A short causes fuses to blow.

As for tracing those wires to that box mentioned. You might consider exercising the plugs there. That is, pull them out and plug them back in several times to clean any corrosion build up. IF that makes things work a little contact cleaner or WD40 should help.

As for tracing those wire:

IF you can identify the hot wire that is at any of the guages (but no voltage because of an issue), you could put the meter into the ohm position and check between that point and the plug you are looking at.

Without re-reading all the threads, have you turned the instrument cluster knob up and down several times to clear any bad spots? Should be your headlight switch.

I would imagine the voltage passes through it so you can turn the dash lights down a bit.

Headlight switches are a common problem.

Old 03-21-2022, 12:10 PM   #21

YC1 I asked he does have instrument lamps it's the gauges that are not operating .
Are you getting 12v to both small cutouts on fuse to ground , then fuse is good. If you put meter across both fuse cutouts and got 12v it is open/blown.
Quote:
Old 03-21-2022, 07:17 PM   #22
YC1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 153stars View Post
YC1 I asked he does have instrument lamps it's the gauges that are not operating .
Are you getting 12v to both small cutouts on fuse to ground , then fuse is good. If you put meter across both fuse cutouts and got 12v it is open/blown.

I blanked on that one. Following several threads and did not start from the beginning on this one again.

Thanks for the refresher. Still same wire chasing using an ohmeter.

But a signal tracer would sure help.

Old 03-21-2022, 07:35 PM   #23

Been there done that . If lamps were also out we could probably conclude ground . still wondering ground because voltage gauge is out too, I think some volt gauges wire are fed from alt. but I haven't dug that deep. Twin boat and I seem to wonder if he found 12v across the fuse instead output side. Been there done that as well ,decades after I knew better . I bought my first digital MM before graduating HS a cheap one was $125 at local tool store kind of like HF, that was a lot of $ making $3.25hr. You believe what your eyes see ,during a brain fart moment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by YC1 View Post
I blanked on that one. Following several threads and did not start from the beginning on this one again.

Thanks for the refresher. Still same wire chasing using an ohmeter.

But a signal tracer would sure help.
Old 03-22-2022, 05:49 AM   #24
YC1

After careful study of the schematic, (if the 2006 schematic is the one),

there are a lot of common items using the voltage besides the voltmeter.

The oil, temp, fuel, and turbo and maybe the tach as well share the same ground.

Looks like all the gauges share the (gauge fuse) power. So losing just some or one of the gauges sounds like the gauge is bad or the wire/trace that feeds it.

At this point a picture of the bottom half of the bay would really help. The transition to later boxes would then lead me to read later schematics.

OldWeb posted the schematic I took this information from. He also posted a picture of the older fuse box. I believe it is a 5 amp fuse versus a ten amp fuse but could be wrong.

Old 03-22-2022, 05:12 PM   #25

Send a message via MSN to e4services
My 2007 Dynasty

The gauges I assumed were driven by the computer. I turn the key on and the self test pushes the gauges half full and back to zero then to the reading. I have all the wiring diagrams and this system is not documented. Again I assumed there was a control box somewhere that talked to the ECU
don't know
e4services is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2022, 05:27 PM   #26

For what it's worth when I have had ground issues at my gauges when I
pulled the lights on I would get strange movement in the gauges especially
my fuel gauge.
I believe the gauges had been grounding through the dash light bulb filaments so applying voltage put an end to the ground.

Ray & Marilyn
03 Windsor
RamiDav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2022, 07:22 PM   #27
YC1

Do you have the "Message Center" A nice shiny device with buttons and a oblong readout that lights up like christmas when first turned on?

And if your guages do the dance when first fired up its time to visit documentation on that device.

Old 03-23-2022, 08:00 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC1 View Post
Do you have the "Message Center" A nice shiny device with buttons and a oblong readout that lights up like christmas when first turned on?

And if your guages do the dance when first fired up its time to visit documentation on that device.
I have had this happen on my 08 knight , it was the message center. The gauges get their power from it . Mine wouldn't show the odo either. The gauge mfg. doesn't produce these anymore so mine had to be custom built by them . It took months but I did finely get the new one , very easy to install.

Tags
no power, panel, power