RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-18-2016, 08:03 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
NO POWER to my Power Gear electronic leveling

Driving home to Arizona, from Alabama everything was working fine until I plugged into a 50 amp tower in a campground in Mississippi. At the campground I leveled the coach first then plugged into a 50 amp tower. An extremely hot day and the A/C would not come on, so I looked at our Energy Management System located in the hallway and it displayed "OVERLOAD". I unplugged and was going to move to another spot, I turned the ignition to the "on" position as normal and found out that the Power Gear electronic touch pad had no Power coming to it, no lights lit nothing at all. I had a Mobile RV repairman come out and he manually raised the jacks so we could leave the next morning. We had over 1,000 miles to get home and we could not use the jacks all the way home and they still show NO POWER to the Power Gear control pad located next to the my drivers seat. The mobile RV man told my to purchase a new "power gear leveling control #140-1227" when I get home. I purchased it and installed it and there is no difference, still no power to the Power Gear touchpad by my seat. Has anyone had this experience? If so how was it repaired? Can anyone tell me what I should look for, or are there any relays or breakers I can look at? Please any help would be greatly appreciated. (Dam, I can't get the pictures to upload, I'll try in another post)
Thank You!

tomd85208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-18-2016, 08:34 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
These are the photo's of the Power Gear electronic controls. The one on the left does not light up at all and does not function at all. The one on the right I purchased on EBay for $138.00 (as advised by the mobile RV man) and installed it today, but there was no change at all, the jacks still don't work.
Thanks!
Tom
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	power gear electronic touchpad.jpg
Views:	383
Size:	333.2 KB
ID:	141936   Click image for larger version

Name:	A power gear leveling control #140-1227.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	153.5 KB
ID:	141937  

Old 10-19-2016, 03:37 AM   #3

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Tom-

Check fuse 14 in your Front Distribution Panel. It's a 5A fuse associated with the jack panel interlocking circuit, marked "JACK/ANT WARNING."
l1v3fr33ord1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 04:40 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Thank you for your suggestion, but unfortunately the fuse was good! I was really hoping something as simple as a blown fuse would get me out of this headache, but apparently it's something my serious.

CAN ANYONE ELSE PLEASE CHIME IN AND GIVE ME SOME SUGGESTIONS?

HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD SIMILAR PROBLEMS WITH THEIR... "POWER GEAR" JACK SYSTEM?

Thank you for any help you can offer me!
Tom D.
Old 10-20-2016, 05:50 AM   #5

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Tom-

Page 177 of your owner's manual indicate there's a 15A "LEVELING JACKS" fuse #20 in the Front Distribution Panel.

If that fuse is OK, it's on to the next steps.

Here is a diagram that I have, supposedly for your coach's 12V systems.

There are two inputs to the leveling system control box: parking brake and transmission neutral state.

The parking brake should be easy to check. When you set the parking brake, does the light on the dash illuminate? If so, then my read of the diagram says the parking brake signal should be reaching the leveling system control box.

According to the diagram, the neutral sense signal passes through a relay, diode and fuse. All three are supposed to be in, or in the same compartment as, the Front Distribution Panel. I would think the fuse and relays would be in the "MONACO1" or "MONACO 2" boxes normally found below the Front Distribution Panel. The owner's manual does not show the fuse, diode or relay in those boxes, but that information is sometimes at odds with what you'll find if you open the boxes and look.

One fellow found the logic relay(s) elsewhere in his Dynasty. Here's the link to that post.

The pump motor has its own 12V power, directly from the chassis batteries. The Power Gear installation guide (at this link) recommends it pass through a 125A circuit breaker. If you can find that breaker, you may want to see if it's tripped.

Finally, calls to Monaco Tech Support and also to the Power Gear folks may be in order.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf dip_chassis_12v.pdf (1.10 MB, 114 views)
l1v3fr33ord1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 06:35 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Tom, try looking at the troubleshooting chart page 25 down.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Power Gear_Service_Manual.pdf (1.25 MB, 208 views)
Old 10-20-2016, 09:57 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Hi, I just want to say Thank You to those who responded. Now I have the task of troubleshooting this electrical system. I've never been good at relays and switches and all that stuff but I will read and try to educate myself to be more self sufficient and knowledgeable in this field.

I will certainly post the cause of this failure as soon as it's found.

Again Thank You All,
Tom D.

Tags
leveling, power, power gear