Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-20-2015, 05:22 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
No power to slide-outs

I was able to open all my slide-outs but now I can't get them to re-track back in. The only shore power is have is a 30amp service but I used the generator to power slides out. Using the generator again to get the slides to re-track but nothing happens. Maybe there's an overload somewhere I overlooked. I checked all the circuit breakers by turning them to off and powering back up. Still nothing to get the slides back in. Any ideas as to what or where I should be looking at? I'm getting ready to leave but unable too until I can get the slides back in.

Thank you.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-20-2015, 05:34 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
What is the procedure for deploying the slides, does the rig need to be in Park and the Brake on. Does the engine have to be off, possibly key in Auxiliary position. Make sure you are doing this right first.

Check all you basement doors as there may plunger switches for each door under the slide that prevent it from working if doors are open.

Do you know if there are separate slide types for front and back, sometime they install Hydraulic on the front larger slides and electric on the back.

There should be a circuit board (s) for your slides, mine is located in the rear curb side electrical bay, the board (s) will have relays that make sure all the interlock conditions are met before the slides will work. One of the relays may not be working correctly. Mine also has a 5 amp fuse and a 20 amp fuse, I've had to replace the 20 amp fuse before.
jacwjames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 10:12 AM   #3

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
The fact you needed generator power (or Shore power) suggests to me you have battery issues.. May be a dead battery (hose) or may be a bad cable connections. This resuilts in lower voltage and higher current.

While I do not know what slide system you have POWER GEAR is current senistive, if the current is too high, no joy will be had.

I would start by both cleaning and testing the house batteries.. (I have my own load test) in your case.. Cleaning may help.
Old 09-21-2015, 06:19 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
I have 2 slides that are controlled by 1 circuit board. Here is a link to a picture of mine Kib Slide-Out control Board KIBSOC1020AWD: nwrvsupply.com

There is a 5 amp and 20 amp fuse on this board, I've had to replace the 20 amp before. When it failed the slide control would do nothing.

There are also relays that control the function of the switchs, the relays make sure all the interlocks are active. On mine the interlocks are ignition, basement door inhibitor switches are closed etc.

See if you can find your controller to help trouble shoot your problems.
jacwjames is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
power, slide