Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-19-2019, 08:56 PM   #1

No propane flow to stove top

Hello all,

I de-winterized the mh yesterday for a trip. All is working except zero propane flow for the two stove top burners.

Fridge didn't light up at first either...indicated low flow.

I topped up the propane tank and changed the regulator.

The fridge now works on propane but not a sniff from the stove top.

A side note, when I removed the old regulator a small amount of a brown oily liquid drained from it.

Any ideas?

Irishguy
irishguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-19-2019, 09:04 PM   #2

Just a quick note...did you bleed the air out of each burner? Turn a burner on and use a long stem lighter at the burner. I have to leave the burner on for up to a minute some times. In my case propane eventually finds its way up and the burner lights. Do the same for the other burners. Let me know if that works.
DaveBunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 09:10 PM   #3

Dave, yep I did...not a sniff of propane...nor any sound of anything.
Old 04-19-2019, 09:15 PM   #4

I assume you installed the same type of reg. Maybe the line to the stove took some sediment. Can you unhook from both ends and blow compressed air through the line? Maybe hook the old regulator back up to see if that one works. Just some ideas.
DaveBunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 09:26 PM   #5

Yep exact same regulator. I hadn't thought of compressed air. We are currently in an rv park so will try that when I have a chance.

Every time I get the mh going in the spring there is something that had been working fine when I parked it in the fall that no longer works. I guess sitting around not used for 6 months is not so good.

Thanks Dave
Old 04-19-2019, 09:33 PM   #6

I had the same problem years ago. Turned out to be the rubber hose under the rv. Over the years it has swelled inside to close off the hose. How old is your rig? There could be a low spot in the delivery tubing filled up with the "brown" stuff keeping the flow stopped.

You might disconnect the line into the stove and see if there is any flow, Be careful have a helper turn on the tank so you can check the flow with out leaving it run outside to the tank. You might consider an air hose to the line from the tank after the regulator.

One other thought You may have turned on the tank too fast and the "high flow trip" has activated blocking the flow. Turn the tank off for a few minutes and then open it slowly, very slowly.
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 09:40 PM   #7

Cliffy, there is flow through the regulator as the fridge runs fine on propane. Is the high flow trip up or down stream from the regulator?

I'm thinking there is plug up in the line to the stove. Maybe that brown oily liquid?

We have a 2003 Windsor
Old 04-19-2019, 11:12 PM   #8

The high flow trip is in the top of the propane tank If you open it up too fast it will choke off the flow to a very low flow. I had it happen and the refer worked but the stove didn't . Its easy to check If its not that then you'll have to take the line off the stove and see if any flow is getting to the stove, then blow it out with air from a compressor. Take the hose off the regulator also and blow either way with air . You should maybe disconnect the refer propane line also so you don't damage anything in the refer regulator with the high pressure air.

Yes the brown stuff might cause the issue as the actual pressure in the propane line is very low going to the appliances.

If you get flow through the disconnected line then the issue is the stove where the gas goes in on to the burners. But you have to know you have flow to the stove first.
Old 04-20-2019, 09:08 AM   #9

I managed to get it working.

I disconnected a fitting at T-junction where it goes up into the floor. A bunch of the brown liquid poured out. I reconnected, opened the tank valve and tried the stove. I immediately had propane and it lit up.

Is this smelly brown liquid just condensed propane? Is it common to have this stuff in the lines?
Old 04-20-2019, 10:39 PM   #10

It might be the rubber line is deteriorating I found that on mine and had to replace the line.

Tags
propane