Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-02-2015, 07:27 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
No wall plugs power

I'm half way repaired.
Yesterday I replaced the house batterys and they worked great.
Problem now is no 120 power inside the rig.
I called an electrition and he spent the day trying to trace the problem.
I don't have any power to any of the wall outlets, I found the GFI in the bathroom but no power no reset.
The wiring diagram shows a total of three GFI Plugs, but can't locate the other two.
I tried running the genny but it did not power the plugs either.
What is there left I've overlooked ??

Larry
Larry & Rita is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-02-2015, 07:32 PM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Larry, there may be another GFCI plug in the basement that needs resetting. I've seen a few like that.
How's Rita feeling? I know you guys quit traveling and settled down. Missed you two at the NW Meet and Greet!

Deen
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 08:03 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Try resetting the Inverter, I believe there is a circuit breaker on it.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 05:31 AM   #4

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
IF your rig has an inverter then I would start with it inverters over 1KW usually power the GFCI, and it will not reset without power.

in addition to resetting the inverter (Generally you remove all power, both 12 and 120 volt, count to five seconds (or minutes) and restore power. you may find one or two circuit breakers on the inverter itself.

There may also be a 2nd breaker box (Sub panel) if there are no breakers on the inverter.
Old 02-03-2015, 06:36 AM   #5
YC1

Did the electrician find power in the AC breaker panel?

If not, you need to work you way to the transfer panel/box because you are saying that neither generator or shoreline is supplying power.

If there was AC power in the breaker panel then of course you move forward towards the outlets.

As the previous poster suggest your Inverter/Charger probably has a couple of breakers on it that need to be reset before going much further.

Have you actually checked all of your outlets inside? Not all of mine are on GFCI's but these things are all different.

If things don't get sorted out you can resort to a Fox and Hound to send a signal through the outlet wires and trace them back. There could be a problem in a junction box along the way.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 06:55 AM   #6

outside receptacles

depending on how also the coach plugs are wired, check the plugs on the outside for integrity, sometimes the outside receptacles are bad because of moisture , and the wires are just stabbed in the back of the plug and the circuit from there is dead, just a thought is you find nothing else
hammer55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 09:07 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
On my 06 Endeavor I have 2 output circuit breakers on my inverter. One is for the Microwave the other powers almost all the outlets in coach. I have only found one GFCI and it is located in the bathroom. If there is no power to the GFCI then I would check the breakers on the inverter and the circuit breakers in the AC panel.
itdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 10:36 AM   #8

Check the house battery cut off switch, remove the switch and jump the two cables together, you may have a bad switch.
Rburian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 12:21 PM   #9
YC1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjburian View Post
Check the house battery cut off switch, remove the switch and jump the two cables together, you may have a bad switch.

Do you mean the salesman switch? In any case, disconnecting batteries or turning off that switch should have nothing to do with 110 volts.

Old 02-03-2015, 02:06 PM   #10

Not the salesmans switch, the master house battery switch, I had the same issue you are experiencing , the Battery house switch was melted on the inside. When I removed the switch and jumped the cables all 110v was activated through the inverter, just try and see what happens, only takes 2 minutes to check.
Old 02-04-2015, 12:53 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjburian View Post
Not the salesmans switch, the master house battery switch, I had the same issue you are experiencing , the Battery house switch was melted on the inside. When I removed the switch and jumped the cables all 110v was activated through the inverter, just try and see what happens, only takes 2 minutes to check.
Where is the "Master House Switch"
I have lived in this thing for 3 years and was never told about a Master.
Larry
Larry & Rita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 02:04 PM   #12

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by YC1 View Post
Do you mean the salesman switch? In any case, disconnecting batteries or turning off that switch should have nothing to do with 110 volts.
Some RV's have energy managers of the load shedding type, In this case a computer monitors 120volt use (if you are on less than 50 amps) and if it sees it approaching cut off (normally pre-set to 30 amps) it will turn off power to selected circuits to keep you in the POWER ON zone.

This computer runs on 12 volt DC so turning off the 12 volts does indeed affect the 120 volt side of life.

That said, Outlets are not... normally.. on the shed list, though they do affect the current monitor.
Old 02-04-2015, 02:52 PM   #13
YC1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry & Rita View Post
Where is the "Master House Switch"
I have lived in this thing for 3 years and was never told about a Master.
Larry
Page 13-16 may help. See attachment.

It is likely in the battery compartment on the walls. Probably have two of them. They should be very close to the battery.

If your lights are working then you have 12 volts.

Still haven't seen a response to (do you have 110 volts inside the AC panel? ).
Attached Files
File Type: pdf intellitec ems service manual.pdf (316.2 KB, 40 views)

Old 02-04-2015, 03:56 PM   #14

The Master Switches House and Engine are either in the battery bay or 12v bay next to the Batteries, do you have 12v power in the Coach, insides lights etc?

Tags
power