RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-19-2013, 09:55 AM   #1

norcold 1200 not working on AC

The norcold recently quit working on AC or generator power. In auto mode it wilk go to propane. In AC mode, the norcold will start beeping and say there is no power. I checked the exterior access compartment and verified the outlet the norcold olugs into is working. Any suggestions on what to check for next?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-19-2013, 11:31 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Craig, you might try a hard reset of the control board in the Norcold. I have a copy of the instructions but can't find them right now. Call David Force at RV Cooling Unit Warehouse and he will e-mail you the instructions.

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!

MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 11:14 PM   #3

Check your board. There are 2 , 5 amp fuses. One is may be blown. Your board is accessed from the outside access panel. Remove the cover and you should be able to locate the board and fuses. Hope it works out better for you than it did for me.

Here's what happened to my coach. It started with the signal "No AC" on the front of my refrigerator. It worked fine on propane but not 110, I checked my board fuses and found one of my 5amp fuses blown. Replaced it and it worked fine.......for a few days. Next was ammonia smell and cooling unit failure. Next was the saga so many 1200rlim owners have gone through. I pulled the unit, saw the greenish residue from the leaking cooling unit. Replaced the unit with an Amish unit,

Just a note. I had the Norcold recall work done about a year and a half ago. Guess where my cooling unit failed,

Good luck with yours
Galvanizd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 01:36 PM   #4

Thanks all. Ill check it out tonight.
Old 05-20-2013, 04:27 PM   #5

I have the same thing happening with me after plugging into 15/20 amp and got the same message. It worked on 50 amp no problem so have not been able to make a conclusion to this point. I will follow up with suggesions previous, look forward to what CRAH discovers .

Rolly
Rolly Zimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:28 PM   #6

Quick update, I removed the exterior panel and both 5 amp fuses are fine. I also disconnected all the power to see if that did anything and it didn't do anything. Ill try to email dave force tomorrow for the reset procedure.
Old 05-21-2013, 11:55 AM   #7

I have the same Norcold 1200 and mine it is working fine, but for how long This will be my fix. Samsung Refrigerator Install I know one person that knows of 3 RVers that lost there coaches because of this great product. If you do not do a lot of dry camping then a residential fridge is the way to go.
Here is something to look at also.
Norcold Class Action Lawsuit - Forum
Here is another way to go if you want to keep your old box price is about the same.
1200LR Norcold Brand-New Cooling Unit, built by the Amish. - RV Cooling Unit Warehouse
Norcold 1200 LRIM Cooling Unit Repair - Forum
2 stroker
2 Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 09:09 PM   #8

I had the same problem with my 1200. Replaced first blown ac fuse then second fuse blew. Found out that one of the two 120v heating elements bad. Replaced BOTH of them. Everything working great and have a spare heating element if needed in the future.
johnevans3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 09:17 PM   #9

Country Coach Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I replaced the cooling unit with an Amish unit, a couple months later the heating element burned in half. Bought a new element but didn't get it down in the back far enough. Refer wouldn't get cold enough. Pulled the new element out and found that the casing had bubbles melted in it. Tried filing them off and found it was the casing itself that had bubbled. Went and got another element and installed it correctly!!
works fine now.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 08:56 AM   #10

I had the same problem. Jason at Monaco told me to check the gfi in the bathroom. Sure enough, I reset the the receptacle and Everything is now fine
Gilles A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 04:19 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnevans3 View Post
I had the same problem with my 1200. Replaced first blown ac fuse then second fuse blew. Found out that one of the two 120v heating elements bad. Replaced BOTH of them. Everything working great and have a spare heating element if needed in the future.
Do you have a source on where you purchases the new heating elements? Looks like its time to borrow a multi meter again and doubke check if I'm getting power to the elements
Old 05-24-2013, 05:22 PM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
WHat fault code does the Norcold manual show for the beeping (you will need the manual)?

ken
Old 05-24-2013, 05:40 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXiceman View Post
WHat fault code does the Norcold manual show for the beeping (you will need the manual)?

ken
The fault code is "no ac" I have power at the outlet where the norcold is plugged into.
Old 06-22-2013, 05:12 PM   #14

Craig,
We are having the same problem. Did you come up with anything?
Craig & Karen

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f54/fridg...lp-165765.html

DoubleCK is offline   Reply With Quote