Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-15-2017, 07:58 AM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
We had the cooling unit replaced in our 1200 LRIM - $1400 all in for the 'Amish' replacement. Motherboard was already aftermarket, so the only thing Norcold is the box. Now it's the best RV fridge I've ever owned.
TomAndPeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-15-2017, 12:42 PM   #16

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by franktr View Post
looks like the cooling unit is dead. Trying to decide if I should repair or replace with a domestic unit

So it looks like I am going to replace the Fridge now I need to find one that fits. Anyone with a Safari Cheetah with the large drivers side slide replace there Norcold with a domestic? I am limited to a depth of 27 inches max. The with is 33 and the height is 73 these a max numbers
Old 02-15-2017, 01:49 PM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:

So it looks like I am going to replace the Fridge now I need to find one that fits. Anyone with a Safari Cheetah with the large drivers side slide replace there Norcold with a domestic? I am limited to a depth of 27 inches max. The with is 33 and the height is 73 these a max numbers
You are fortunate! With those dimensions you will have a huge selection.

Go to Ajmadison.com and enter your H-W-D numbers into the filter section and click search. Your depth dimension is somewhat ambiguous as the fridges are listed as total depth but you have to remember that the depth number includes the doors and handles. The doors and handles need to be outside of the face of your cabinet to allow for proper door swing. Case in point, look up the dimensions of one popular model for RV conversions, Samsung RF18HFENBSR, and then look at the dimension of the fridge WITHOUT the doors and handles. That fridge will fit just fine in your 27 inch space with plenty of space to spare.

You will be given a number of fridges to choose from. Select a model that is Energy Star Rated.

Here is the link for the refrigerators.

https://www.ajmadison.com/refrigerators/

Play around at this site and you will eventually find a model that fits your criteria. Once you have chosen a model then search the Internet and local stores for the best deal.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 04:05 AM   #18

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr4Film View Post
You are fortunate! With those dimensions you will have a huge selection.

Go to Ajmadison.com and enter your H-W-D numbers into the filter section and click search. Your depth dimension is somewhat ambiguous as the fridges are listed as total depth but you have to remember that the depth number includes the doors and handles. The doors and handles need to be outside of the face of your cabinet to allow for proper door swing. Case in point, look up the dimensions of one popular model for RV conversions, Samsung RF18HFENBSR, and then look at the dimension of the fridge WITHOUT the doors and handles. That fridge will fit just fine in your 27 inch space with plenty of space to spare.

You will be given a number of fridges to choose from. Select a model that is Energy Star Rated.

Here is the link for the refrigerators.

https://www.ajmadison.com/refrigerators/

Play around at this site and you will eventually find a model that fits your criteria. Once you have chosen a model then search the Internet and local stores for the best deal.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
I would love that Fridge but the door will hit the wall with the slide closed the max depth is 27 inches
Old 02-16-2017, 04:42 AM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to tmw188
Make sure you have a adequate inverter to handle the unit and enough of a battery bank to go with it. This could add a another $1500 if you need additional batteries.
Old 02-16-2017, 05:58 AM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:

I would love that Fridge but the door will hit the wall with the slide closed the max depth is 27 inches

Sorry.....that makes no sense to me.

A photo would put things into perspective.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 09:12 AM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmw188 View Post
Make sure you have a adequate inverter to handle the unit and enough of a battery bank to go with it. This could add a another $1500 if you need additional batteries.
Good advice. Our Samsung works fine with a 2000 watt modified sine wave inverter and only two house batteries. We do not have it running on the inveter very often or long periods. We are usually either plugged in or running the generator. For the few overnight periods we are dry camped I just shut it off.
HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 09:27 AM   #22

Texas Boomers Club
This is the best picture I have you can see the fridge is against the wall. This is with the slide closed. Not sure why this picture is on it's side.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	E0F1EB63-5B69-467C-90BC-D5DDC202F719.JPG
Views:	65
Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	152067  
Old 02-16-2017, 09:51 AM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
The Samsung will fit in the same space as your norcold except its taller. The doors open the same as your norcold does now so if the Samsung won't open with the slides in , the norcold won't either! I doubt that's true. Any counter depth will fit the depth of the hole the doors will open with slides in on almost any plans I've seen maybe not fully but enough.
BillJinOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 06:46 AM   #24

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
I rotated the photo for a little better view.
Attached Images

Old 02-18-2017, 07:28 AM   #25

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HD4Mark View Post
I rotated the photo for a little better view.
Thanks I could not figure out how to do that. I ordered this Fridge

https://www.ajmadison.com/cgi-bin/aj...RF15N3AGS.html
Old 02-18-2017, 10:50 AM   #26

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Thanks I could not figure out how to do that. I ordered this Fridge

https://www.ajmadison.com/cgi-bin/aj...RF15N3AGS.html
Looks great. One thing to figure out is how to keep the doors from opening while traveling. We used a Velcro strap on the fridge door. For the freezer, Velcro stuck on the side of the fridge and on the drawer with a solid piece to stick on them two to join them.

Tags
norcold