RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-03-2013, 06:03 AM   #15

It's normal, Section 8,page 215 in my owners manual explains.

Bob / Maxine

02 Monaco Knight
Learner is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-03-2013, 06:09 AM   #16
YC1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Normal condition:

Per the manual below.

Note - When connected to 50 Amp - 240 VAC service or generator service, the Energy Management features of the
unit are disabled and the unit switches all controlled loads"ON".

The main neutral line is routed through the magnetically coupled current sensor, which measures the current flowing through
the neutral line. This is the total amount being drawn by all the 120 volt appliances in theRV when the available power service
is 120 VAC. When this current exceeds 30 Amps (20 Amps if the threshold has been set lower), and 240 VAC or generator
service is not available, the 50AMP SMART EMS will turn off the controlled loads in an effort to bring the total current to the
limit of the incoming service.
Aluminator tow bar, Demco base plate
YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 02:33 PM   #17
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by 38 Special View Post
More fun fact than need.
Exactly. It's important that we learn how these things work so we can detect when they're not working properly.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 03:10 PM   #18

Once again all apples and oranges are not the same color or flavor. Monaco is not necessarily the same as the next monaco. One is made one way with options and another is different!

My 03 dynasty has a Rc7gs 2000 amp inverter w/remote control with gen start, it has a mode where it will show amps in, on 50 or 30 and goes from 0 to some larger number. I have never seen what the largest reading is. I have seen 26 with shore power and aqua hot elect heaters on and a stand alone cube heater. Yep it was cold outside and time to go south NOW.
Dupdyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 06:03 PM   #19
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dupdyke View Post
My 03 dynasty has a Rc7gs 2000 amp inverter w/remote control with gen start, it has a mode where it will show amps in, on 50 or 30 and goes from 0 to some larger number. I have never seen what the largest reading is. I have seen 26 with shore power and aqua hot elect heaters on and a stand alone cube heater.
That's cool that it displays current draw while on 50 amps. I hadn't heard of that before.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 08:59 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickO View Post
That's cool that it displays current draw while on 50 amps. I hadn't heard of that before.

Rick
The ems system in the higher line dynasty had more features than even a puter geek like me can figure without the manuals. I have had a half doz winnebagos a southwind a country coach and now the dyansty that the original owner put everything out of the executive into.

First rig was a pickup like camper on a caddie limo in 1972 been enjoying it ever since. I am not sure if it show both legs or just one but when on 50 amp it shows amps input on a/c On inverter it shows Dc amps in. Too smart for me but then I call my apple iphone the dumbphone
Dupdyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 07:01 AM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Major oops on my part, forgot to mention that nothing on the roof runs while on 50amp. No fan nor a/c er nuttin!
obwahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 09:38 AM   #22

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by obwahn View Post
Major oops on my part, forgot to mention that nothing on the roof runs while on 50amp. No fan nor a/c er nuttin!
Is the thermostat being powered by 12 v DC? It controls A/C and fans. If it's not getting 12 v, it won't run A/C, even when hooked up to shore power.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 09:20 PM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
Yes, thermostat is lit up and I can try any mode but get nuttin! If I hook to other than 50, then things work. Just so happens I ran a 50 amp drop from the house to the coach's parking spot. Also noticed while on our recent trip to WI where we had a 50amp post at the cg there.
Old 10-10-2013, 10:12 PM   #24

Gulf Streamers Club
Sounds like your Intelletec EMS is not operating properly. It's shutting off loads it controls when it doesn't need to. Perhaps start by contacting Speciality vehicle power distribution, charging, switching and controlling electrical systems from Intellitec and ask for technical help.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 09:26 AM   #25
YC1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
The manual indicates the thermostats run through the EMS board that is inside the circuit breaker panel area.

IF the board is confused or broken it will not close the thermostat leads.

You might want to try disconnecting shore power and turning off all batteries for a couple of minutes to let the board reset itself. Could be lost.

If you are comfortable working in the electrical area you could easily test the wires the relays control.

For a test and feedback would you try turning the AC's fan on. For example, Low, High, versus auto. This will assure us there is 110 volts getting to them versus a loss of thermostat control.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Inteltech 50 amp smart energy management sys.pdf (315.3 KB, 12 views)
Aluminator tow bar, Demco base plate
YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 10:40 PM   #26

Monaco Owners Club
Now it's working

We just got back from a week away from home and the coach and now everything is working. Go figure.