Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-26-2021, 05:09 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solo_RV_Guy View Post
In that case I suggest eating dinner before hand.
LOL, I wished I had of thought about that a couple times in the past.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-26-2021, 05:14 PM   #16

Vintage RV Owners Club
brakes

a friend of my brothers took a 45 ft Newmar on trade.the two of them drove it to Florida from Alberta to put on hi son inlaws RV lot.it wasnt selling up here.my brother always started it and warmed it. the one time his friend started it,he put in drive immediatly and it would move ad had the low air alarm on..he told brother that the transmssion is gone.????? brother told him it has to build up air first.he drinks a lot...lol
Old 10-27-2021, 07:06 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmastroluca View Post
I appreciate that your SO can, and wants to drive your coach. My wife wants NOTHING to do with it. I had to make sure my insurance covered for someone to drive our coach back home in case I get sick or injured.
We bought our 44’ coach in June and after its thorough check up by my husband we are now ready to use it. I do not know how to drive it but my goal is to be familiar with it’s operation and at least be able to move it should it be necessary. In time I would like to be comfortable/confident enough to drive it for short periods of time. I can parallel park our suburban My driving lessons will start soon, but what i wanted to mention is this: to ease my anxiety about not having the ability to drive it in an emergency (such as needing to get home), I have a list of 3 local friends with commercial driver’s license who are willing to help. I feel much better now that I feel we are covered .
BP120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 07:21 PM   #18

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
That's great you are willing to learn .

Maybe look for a 'place' that teaches air brakes.

I live in Canada, and you can't legally drive any vehicle with air brakes without taking a course, followed by taking a knowledge test.

Believe me, I shake my head reading many posts on this forum due to the lack of basic knowledge some on this board have of the routine maintenance, and simple tests required to safely drive!
Old 10-28-2021, 01:05 PM   #19

I am really lucky because my husband has all of those endorsements and experiences; he has had years of driving big rigs and farm equipment and is also a licensed pilot so safety is always forefront in his thoughts and actions. The only problem is that he is not the most patient teacher but has promised to work on that personality trait And while I am a bit intimidated by all of it, I feel that it is at least a necessity to learn what I am able to and capable of. Thanks for the encouragement.

Also I know that there are different requirements in various states here; our state doesn't require a special license. In a way I find that frightening!
BP120 is offline   Reply With Quote