RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-18-2020, 07:01 AM   #1

O1 Diplomat only blowing on defrost

Hi,
I have a Ď01 Diplomat and every since I have owned it the dash fan, a/c, heat ect only blows on defrost. I would really like to fix this, and have read though various posts on here with other people having the same problems. From what I have read it could be a vacuum problem, but Iím not exactly sure where to start testing. I have taken a picture of the components on my rv that I believe are where to start checking, and attached it to this post. So, can someone point me in the right direction of how to check these parts, or where to start and how to start checking ?
Thanks
Michael
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	F442A4AC-90F0-4907-909E-C5E0B96A6476.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	317.5 KB
ID:	278364  
duckboatking is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-18-2020, 07:38 AM   #2

I appears you have a 12v vacuum pump it should have voltage , run and produce vacuum off the top of my head 10 to 20" hg. The ball is just a vacuum tank.
My MH uses air pressure to induce vacuum.
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 07:43 AM   #3

Looks close to this if it's dead
https://www.xtremediesel.com/dorman-...MaAtqjEALw_wcB
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 08:37 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Happened to me. Luckily it was only a hose that came off the vacuum pump. Lack of vacuum is most likely the culprit.
Old 03-18-2020, 08:38 AM   #5

I circled the vacuum generator ( pump ).

It should run with the engine running and should be pushing air out of the fitting I pointed to.

If you remove the hose next to it, it should suck against your finger.

If that's working, follow the hose from the ball shaped tank. It may have a split or be disconnected along its way to the heater.Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture%2B_2020-03-18-09-28-51.jpeg
Views:	29
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	278370
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 02:23 PM   #6

Hi
Thank You twinboat, that was about exactly the instructions I was looking for. I just went out to it and started it up to checked it. There is no sucking action and no blowing action. It would appear itís not working, but before I condemned it and just ordered a new one I checked the wires with a 12V test light. There is a white wire and yellow wire running to it, I would assume one should have power ? Is there there a chance that the problem could be there is no power running to it ? Should one of those wires have power to it ? Or am I overthinking things ?
Thanks
Michael
Old 03-18-2020, 03:20 PM   #7

Yes, you should have power to one wire and the other should be ground.

Now you need to follow then. One will go to a fuse somewhere.

You may need the heat on for power.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 03:29 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinboat View Post
I circled the vacuum generator ( pump ).

It should run with the engine running and should be pushing air out of the fitting I pointed to.

If you remove the hose next to it, it should suck against your finger.

If that's working, follow the hose from the ball shaped tank. It may have a split or be disconnected along its way to the heater.Attachment 278370
My hose fell off that spherical shaped reservoir to the left in that pic.
Old 03-18-2020, 06:28 PM   #9

Hi,
Thank You, it was a fuse in the electrical bay under the drivers side. Only thing that makes me concerned is there was no fuse in the slot, but I put one in and everything works now, thanks everyone for the help
Michael