Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-30-2012, 12:46 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Odometer Reading Changed Today

When we left the RV park this morning in our 2007 Monaco Knight, the odometer read 52,521. When we stopped for the night, it read 000597 with three little zeros in the upper left corner of the display. We traveled 179.3 miles per the Aladdin, Jr trip meter. I have reset the 2 dash trip meters back to zero. I also set the display to metric and then reset it back to Miles. It still displays the transmission temperature correctly. I know for certain that the speedometer was working as we pulled off the interstate, but can’t say for certain when I last saw the Odometer changing. I do know that it read 52,521 when we pulled into the last campground 2 nights ago because I logged in our travel journal. I don’t know if the odometer is changing or not since we only noticed after we were parked for the night.

Is this possibly a known problem? I guess this isn’t exactly an emergency but I’m wondering if there is anything we should do or try before we depart tomorrow morning. I should mention that we are the original owners of the coach and have traveled in it fulltime since we purchased it in October 2007 so we are very familiar with it. This is a new one on us.

Also wondering if/when we do get this fixed, then how do we get the mileage reset to the correct mileage?

Thanks for your assistance.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-30-2012, 01:52 PM   #2

It appears to be the cluster gauge in the instrument panel. If that is the problem when repaired it will show the true mileage as it is stored in the computer.
trackman is offline   Reply With Quote