Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-16-2022, 03:57 PM   #1

Oil Fill, Transmission Fill, and Coolant Overflow

Hi All:
I've got a 2008 Monaco Diplomat, 40PDQ with a Cummins ISL engine and a Allison 3000 Transmission. I've got a few sorta silly questions but here goes:

Transmission Fill?.pdf
Can anyone confirm this is the Transmission Fill Port?
Engine Oil Fill?.pdf
Can anyone confirm this is the Engine Oil fill Port?
Coolant Overflow?.pdf
Can anyone confirm this is the Coolant Overflow Resevoir?
I know these are pretty basic items but I've never serviced a diesel pusher and the manual is not any help, specifically, locating these items?
Thank you and have a terrific day!
Regards,
Mark
EV Monaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-16-2022, 06:13 PM   #2

For some reason your photos are not showing
2009 Silverado Toad
moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 06:18 PM   #3

That brown one is marked Engine Oil so yeah, that's where you put the oil. You can likely pull it out a little to the stop to give more access.

The tank? Dunno. What color is the liquid inside? Does it look like AF?

What's that yellow handle there? Looks like the tranni dip stick. Pull it out and see what color the oil is. Note that many manufacturers MARK the dip sticks with the type of oil. The tube you're pointing to doesn't look like a tranni oil fill to me. Really need a book or someone else to come by that has your model.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 08:37 AM   #4

The phone app makes easy task to deal with pics , even snap pic as you create a post. You can create title add pics then edit/type on PC ,if you like. I have whole folder of MH pics something comes up or someone need info or I have a question, there they are stored away.
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 11:54 AM   #5

Oil Fill, Transmission Fill, and Coolant Overflow

All:
Uploaded the photos but they didn't show in the message? Used the attachment icon above but that just added the pdf that had to be downloaded to be viewed. Not sure how to have the photo end up embedded in the message? Thanks for the responses and have a terrific day!
Regards,
Mark
EV Monaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 11:01 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by EV Monaco View Post
All:
Uploaded the photos but they didn't show in the message? Used the attachment icon above but that just added the pdf that had to be downloaded to be viewed. Not sure how to have the photo end up embedded in the message? Thanks for the responses and have a terrific day!
Regards,
Mark
I use the "manage attachments" down below to attach pictures.
Tim

Tags
transmission