Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-06-2007, 04:03 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Has anyone here (Robin?) done an oil & filter change on a 2007 ISL engine yet? Did you do it or have it done? If so... did you locate the secondary fuel filter?

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-06-2007, 04:03 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Has anyone here (Robin?) done an oil & filter change on a 2007 ISL engine yet? Did you do it or have it done? If so... did you locate the secondary fuel filter?

Old 09-06-2007, 04:24 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Ever seen one of these?

Old 09-06-2007, 05:26 PM   #4

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MonacoMama:
Ever seen one of these?
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>Ok, I give, what is it?
Mbl Cndo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 05:43 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Well...I think it is a "skid plate" or a "rock guard covering the oil filter area - but not the oil pan!

Does anyone else have this on the bottom of their ISL oil filter area?

Old 09-07-2007, 03:09 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Yup. I'm sure it has a technical name 'Mama, (making it more expensive if you have to buy a replacement one), but yes you are correct in that it's the rock-guard covering the underside of the engine. And consequently also neatly covering any access, making the job even more difficult.

I've always done my own maintenance on all of my vehicles, so was ready to tackle this one too when the odometer ticked-over, but after several long looks under there (nice place to take a nap, by the way) and the realization that I'd be letting loose 5 GALLONS of used oil with nowhere to put/dump it without making a HUGE mess, I decided to let the local-RV dealer handle it.

Good thing I did, as the rv-shop made the exact mess I was worrying about. Took almost an entire bag of the oil-absorbent kitty-litter stuff to sop it up. Sometimes I wonder where that tech is working now?

Not only that, but after they did the fuel-filter replacements it took almost 2 hours for them to get it going again. They had to call Cummins several times and go over the re-prime procedure, as it just wasn't getting a good prime and wouldn't start. I can just imagine if that had happened to me in my backyard.

IIRC, the secondary filter was near the jack-pump (at least on my '06).

HTH.

'06 HR Endeavor 40PAQ (Mission Hills decor). All options, but still finding more to add.
ronboc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 10:06 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">yes you are correct in that it's the rock-guard covering the underside of the engine. And consequently also neatly covering any access, making the job even more difficult </div></BLOCKQUOTE><span class="ev_code_BLUE">We had never heard anyone comment on this screen before- that is why we asked about it</span>
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Good thing I did, as the rv-shop made the exact mess I was worrying about. </div></BLOCKQUOTE><span class="ev_code_BLUE">We...well ok...Sacs did not have that problem. He used someone else's suggestion here on the board about using two 5 gallon containers placed on an oil drip pan and when one container is about halfway full...pulling the tray to let it start filling the second container.</span>
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Not only that, but after they did the fuel-filter replacements it took almost 2 hours for them to get it going again </div></BLOCKQUOTE><span class="ev_code_BLUE">The trick to this is to fill the fuel filter before putting it on and then cycling the key on and off three times - waiting about a minute for the fuel pump to cycle through each time.</span>

Understand that I am speaking from the supervisory position after watching Sacs do this!

PS<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> the secondary filter was near the jack-pump (at least on my '06). </div></BLOCKQUOTE><span class="ev_code_BLUE">THis is located back by the oil dipstick area on the 2007 models!</span>

Old 09-07-2007, 01:25 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Am I right in understanding you will be doing all this normal maintainence in your MH's new home?????
teofff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 02:39 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
HEHEHEHEEHEHEHEHEHE Surely you Jest!
After all...Sacs will be up one week a month!

Old 09-07-2007, 03:09 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club

Well, since it will basically be sitting still, is there still maintenance to do?????

Old 09-07-2007, 04:17 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
I'll bet SACS can't wait until you start practicing to drive it...especially backing up and tight spots...ohhhhh, I'd buy a ticket to see that!!
Gloria would pay anyone else to avoid me trying to teach her to drive the MH...even though, she always says "I could do it"...right
Old 09-07-2007, 04:20 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Well, since it will basically be sitting still, is there still maintenance to do????? </div></BLOCKQUOTE> A gremlin has taken over my computer!! I would NEVER say that!!!

Old 09-07-2007, 04:22 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I'll bet SACS can't wait until you start practicing to drive it...especially backing up and tight spots...ohhhhh, I'd buy a ticket to see that!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>...and just how much will you pay to see that??

Old 09-07-2007, 04:30 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
it would be more fun than the wrestling matches!!!!