Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-24-2010, 07:21 PM   #1

Onan 7500.. clearing code's

Anyone...? Last week Generator (Onan 7500) after running about an hour, labored a little then shut down. Would not start back up and code 33 was blinking! Checked coolant level and was a little low in the reservior, filled to proper level. Held switch on STOP for one minute then started as usual. After a few minutes...shut down again, code 33 blinking again. Question is....do you have to clear the code. How do you do that? I tried shuting down all the Coach power for a couple minutes thinking it would clear, but keeps happinging and still shows code 33! The way it labors then stops and then having to hold the STOP for one minute for the purge makes me think its running out of fuel so I don't understand the code 33. In the mean time I think I will change the Fuel filter. Maybe bad filter! ANY THOUGHTS
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-25-2010, 07:37 PM   #2

Mine did the same thing and it turned out to be the water pump belt came off the pulley. I didn't know that until I took it in. The water pump is in the back down low behind a cover. I'm not sure how your's is mounted, but they had to remove my generator from the coach. It happened on my Fleetwood Excursion.
CoryP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 08:38 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
We had a similar problem.....checked everything and all seemed ok... oil was only a 1/2 qt low...... kept stalling, cranking - no start, etc....
Talked to Onan..... top off the oil level... been fine ever since.... seems there is a sensor in the oil pan to be sure it doesn't run with out oil... good idea!!! Anyway, since it only holds 3 qts total... 1/2 a qt was too low.....
hope this helps either today or in the future.....
Old 12-26-2010, 11:09 PM   #4

Thanks CoryP.....will check that and let you know what I find.
Old 12-26-2010, 11:11 PM   #5

Thanks Downsizer....did not even think of maybe it being low oil! Will check that too and let you know if that was it.
Old 12-27-2010, 05:58 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Are you sure it's really a code 33? If so, that indicates high temperature. What I suspect is that you are just seeing the first level fault code, which just indicates an abnormal condition. If you hit the stop button 3 times within 5 seconds, you will get the second level fault code.

I've attached the owners manual that might help you decode the problem.

Ron
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Cummins Onan 8K Diesel Generator Operator Manual.pdf (1.37 MB, 1702 views)
RonaldNC is offline   Reply With Quote