One Slide-Out Switch Works - 3 Do Nothing
I know there are lots of posts about non-working slide-outs, but I've read through most of them and can't find a solution to my problem. So here's my issue...
My Coach: 43' 2004 Holiday Rambler Navigator (w/tag axle) 4 Slide-Outs
My Slide-Outs: There is a brochure in my coach's document box, suggesting that my slide-outs are "HWH Room Extensions". From what I've read, I believe the front 2 are hydraulic, and the rear 2 are electric. I see hydraulic cylinders under the floor of the front 2 slides, supporting the idea that they are hydraulic.
Yesterday all four slides were working correctly, but after driving 450 miles last night, I arrived home in Phoenix to find that only one of them will open via the switch - the driver's side rear bedroom slide (which includes the bed). Pushing the other 3 switches did nothing - no click, no hum, no creak... nothing.
With the coach plugged into shore power, I checked the following:
1) Adjusted ignition key (off position), reset parking break, reset trans to N, coach is totally level - still no response from switch.
2) I checked all "open bay door" switches. They all worked correctly - lights at interior slide-out switch panel come on as expected.
3) Checked both fuses in two boxes (under driver's seat, and rear passenger side box), and the ones I could identify looked okay. I do NOT know which relays to check, so nothing done there.
4) Removed slide switch assembly from wall. All wiring to the terminals looks sound. Replaced.
4) Finally, I read where there might be fuses at the hydraulic pump. I checked the generator slide-out and it too would NOT work. Hmm... this is really odd I thought. Perhaps they are all run by the same pump??? So I crawled under the entry step area and found the pump. The fluid level seemed to be low, but no evidence of leakage. I also looked for fuses, but the large bundle of sheathed cables and wires made it difficult to find anything. But after I shuffled around the wiring, looking for fuses, I found that the generator slide suddenly worked. I went inside the coach and found that ALL OF THE SLIDES NOW WORKED!
Was the switch issue resolved simply by jostling the wires at the pump? It would seem so, but it just doesn't make much sense to me. Clearly I'd like to solve the issue so that the slide-out switches are reliable. Can anyone suggest how I might fix the problem correctly? My first thought is to un-zip-tie the bundle of wires/cables at the pump, and go through them carefully to look for anything loose or broken - maybe unplug and replug the many plastic connection points, making sure they are clean and tight, then then bundle it all back together. I can't think of anything else at the moment.
Any other thoughts would be truly appreciated???
2004 HR Navigator 43
Detroit 60 series, 500 horses, 1 labradoodle
2010 Honda CRV