Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-25-2019, 09:02 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 Wideglide View Post
You remove the teflon strips when you install the Guardian plates. The angled teflon block that runs from one end of the slide to the other, stays.

Ok been watching the video to install the plates and didn’t see anything about taking out the Teflon plates
mccrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-25-2019, 09:30 AM   #16

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Yeah, I think Mike's Dynasty was built before they started installing these strips.
Old 02-26-2019, 04:25 AM   #17

I have a 2007 Navigator and it doesn't have teflon plates. I'm going to be installing Guardian Plates on my two front slides soon.
Bill767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 08:49 AM   #18

Bill, does your Navigator have hydraulic livingroom / kitchen slides?

I'm thinking they started installing these glide plates on the FF slides at that time.
Old 02-26-2019, 01:20 PM   #19

Quote:

I'm thinking they started installing these glide plates on the FF slides at that time.
Last fall I had Guardian Plates installed on my 2007 Navigator. There were not any teflon plates although there are teflon blocks that are still installed. I had Elkhart Sales and Service install them on all 4 slides.
Old 02-27-2019, 01:45 AM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
It’s hit and miss on the Teflon, Delton, plastic or whatever they are from, plates on the bottom of the slides. Mine is Camelot is hydraulic and came without them. I now have SS plates under my slides. I have two friends with 08 Scepters, twin to the Camelot, one with plates, one without.

2008 Monaco Camelot 40' PDQ
Happycarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 04:46 AM   #21

Quote:

My two front slides and the passenger side rear slide are all hydraulic, the remaining driver side rear slide is electric.
Bill767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 09:27 AM   #22

Maybe the worker who fabricated and installed these glide plates only worked a couple of days a week .
Old 02-27-2019, 02:27 PM   #23

OK Guys, now you have me more worried than normal.

On my 05 Dynasty, at the front end of the FF slide, on the floor, not the slide, an about 4 inch piece of black plastic attached on top (I think, memory) of some white plastic with some rivets has just come loose. It is now held on by just the forward rivet and has swiveled forward out from under the slide..... the black only, not the white. I'm working from memory here, the coach is in storage.

Does this ring any bells, and what do you recommend as the fix?

Bob and Susan, 05 DPIV
Old 02-27-2019, 04:27 PM   #24

On mine, that strip of black plastic is attached to the leading edge of the slide floor, and act's as a kind of a bridge for the carpet to transition over a gap, to lay flat on the tile when the slide is out.
Old 02-27-2019, 05:49 PM   #25

Thanks Mike,
Next week when we have less snow, I'm going to go to storage and take a pic and see if it makes ANY sense......I'll be back.
Old 03-14-2019, 01:31 PM   #26

OK Guys, so here is the Picture.

MY Black piece, now held on with one screw in the end, was screwed to the white glide below it with 3 screws.

How can I fix this? Does the slide room have to be removed to get to it?

Thanks.
Old 03-14-2019, 10:04 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy braden View Post
Yeah, I got them to give me estimates. It looks like they get 10 hrs on the R&R of the pump. The strange part about it is the Part number they listed ( for like 450$) doesnt really have bolts that would cause fuel to leak. I could see how it could leak oil possibly but I dont understand the fuel part - some good pics on this ebay listing - https://www.ebay.com/itm/FUEL-TRANSF...9/173687765265

The other fun thing is the upper mount point for the shock broke at the weld.. I think I got someone to weld it back..
That's the pump with the three bolts on top, 10mm heads, remove your bedroom hatch and tighten them. 2 hours would be way more than enough time to change the pump if it needs one. You can buyaa federal mogul pump for a lot less and use your bracket and fittings
shootist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 05:37 AM   #28

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by shootist View Post
That's the pump with the three bolts on top, 10mm heads, remove your bedroom hatch and tighten them. 2 hours would be way more than enough time to change the pump if it needs one. You can buyaa federal mogul pump for a lot less and use your bracket and fittings
Well, I wish it was that easy. My HR has a Side radiator and the bed doesnt give any motor access when raised. Only access to the starter/lift pump side of the motor is thru a small access hatch beside the bed that is not much bigger than a pillow. You can see the top mount bolt but thats about it. And I checked, they are tight/dry. So the leak isnt from the lift pump. It is coming from the other end near the Hydpump or accumulator/HP pump.