Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-24-2010, 10:38 AM   #15

Things are going a little slower than I had hoped for but there is some progress. We should start to see some paint on her by this Friday

I know the guy has run into a little more work than he bargained for so I am trying to be patient. I really want her home though!

More to come later
RUNDLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-16-2010, 07:42 PM   #16

Well today marks "10" weeks that I dropped my rig off! Officially we are two weeks over due and for sure are looking at three. It will be a miracle if I get it back next Friday.

Supposedly all the repairs are now done and the masking can start and paint should fly.
I understand that there was more work than anticipated but the guy did inspect it prior to making an agreement. I wanted to give him a few extra bucks but now that we are so far over time I am not sure I will. Is that fair?

He did take this job as he had no work going at the time and for what I paid (6K) I feel like I got a VERY good deal even though it's late.

Sigh I just want to GO somewhere!
Old 05-12-2010, 01:54 PM   #17

Hey RUNDLC,

Great post so far. Any updates for us.

We have been watching out to see your new paint job.
Old 05-12-2010, 02:38 PM   #18

Tho, All I can say is I am hopeful! What started out as an 8 week paint job is now at 13 weeks and I am PRAYING to have her home by next Tuesday! I am starting to get a little ticked off because it's taking soooo long.

I am "supposed" to get pics of the latest sometime today, we will see.

I will update as soon as I get them.
Old 05-16-2010, 10:17 PM   #19

Well I can say that I am really gonna be P O'd if I don't have my rig back by the end of this week! I am so tired of this dragging out. I was sent these pics this past Thursday. I was "told" that they would be done by Wednesday of this coming week!

Old 05-17-2010, 01:16 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUNDLC View Post
Well I can say that I am really gonna be P O'd if I don't have my rig back by the end of this week! I am so tired of this dragging out. I was sent these pics this past Thursday. I was "told" that they would be done by Wednesday of this coming week!

Hey RUNDLC,

Our fingers are crossed for you, too.

Let us know and send pics.

Question was there body work involved here and repaint?
Old 05-17-2010, 02:19 PM   #21

thomask, Yes there was body and re-paint. The guy said that every vinyl stripe that was removed had damage behind it and needed to be fixed. I believe the reason it has taken so long is that he put other jobs in front of ours to make money.

It is a practice that ALL body and paint guys have I am sure. Since this job was taken during a period when the guy had NO work, we didn't pay anywhere near what a job like this was supposed to cost, I realize that fact so I have tried to remain calm.

I do want to enjoy it a least once before winter sets in!

We shall see.
Old 05-21-2010, 07:16 PM   #22

Well It's Friday! The coach was gonna be ready today, but I did not hear a word form the painter, just as I suspected. I am TICKED but what can I really do? My RV is being held hostage!

I have been very nice up to now, and I suspect I will not loose my cool but what would you do??? I have tried talking nice, being polite over the phone and have sent no nasty emails.

Frustrated in Elk Grove~
Old 05-22-2010, 08:55 AM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
RUNDLC, ... is it possible they are taking your silence and friendly demeanor as acceptance of their progress?

Possibly you could elevate your anxiety level about missed spring activities and still remain polite. I see no harm in them knowing you have plans that are in danger of collapse if the coach isn't finished soon.

They are obviously meeting other customers expectations, and I see no harm in them knowing yours. Expectations are part of the customer/business process and they should accept yours as well as any other customer's. Just my thoughts.

Like you, I've been anxious to see the finished coach, ...

2008 HR Endeavor (DIP) PDQ
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 09:03 AM   #24

Thanks for the advice Corkey! I will be elevating my concern come Monday morning. My family has missed one outing and the other is right around the corner. All the really nice CG's are fully booked and IF I get her home not sure where we would go.

I'll post my findings Monday
Old 05-23-2010, 05:38 AM   #25

Monaco Owners Club
Have they been paid?

I know they gave you a better price, but hopefully you haven't paid them in full. You may have to take it elsewhere to get it finished. At this point, I'm wondering if they ever plan to finish the project. Perhaps they feel they did their "moneys worth" and don't want to invest the extra money on paint or labor?

It's at the point where in my opinion, you are going to have to take a stand. I hope I'm wrong.
krnlueck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 01:15 PM   #26

krnlueck

NO! I didn't pay in full, I did give 50% down. I will not give him a dime until the job is finished. I don't know if I have a leg to stand on if I go after him for breach of contract though. This would be an issue because silly me didn't have him write down that this would only take 8 weeks to complete, that was a verbal deal.

His contract does state " that work has to be to customers satisfaction" though.

I just want the dang thing back DW is gettin very antsy to hit the road.
Old 05-26-2010, 10:39 PM   #27

I finally spoke to the painter, he had a long story on why he wasn't finished yet. I really wanted to know WHEN will she be home! While he didn't want to promise her being ready by this weekend (dang it! gonna miss the holiday!) He did say for sure next week. I will say a prayer that it happens, in the mean time here are a few of the progress;

Old 05-27-2010, 12:55 PM   #28

rundlc, I feel better about your paint job. This looks like some positive progress.

Just got off the roof of my coach after we gave her a good cleaning before heading out of town with kids/grandkids. Pulling the boat down to Gulf for weekend. Bad news is the front AC unit fan will run but can't get compressor to start. It drags down the generator. Tried a new capacitor. Any ideas?