Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-01-2009, 04:04 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Location: Full-Timer (Thousand Palms RV Resort - Inverness Fl)
Does anyone know what the outside co-ax fitting on the 2008 Diplomat feeds from? This is the one that is located in the small storage area on the passenger side - ours has a standard 110v outlet, water filter and the tv plug -
MCPO Ret is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-01-2009, 04:04 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Does anyone know what the outside co-ax fitting on the 2008 Diplomat feeds from? This is the one that is located in the small storage area on the passenger side - ours has a standard 110v outlet, water filter and the tv plug -
Old 01-01-2009, 05:02 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Bill, my diplomat is alot older, but the outside tv plug you describe sounds just like mine and it is feed from a coax plug in the compartment with my power cord (driver side rear compartment)

Hope this helps.

John
Old 01-01-2009, 05:48 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Bill - Sacs said he thinks it is being fed from the third co-ax cable that is in the TV connection cabinet above the driver seat. Our cable was not hooked up to the Switch box-and we have not hooked it up either because we don't have an outside TV
I hope this helps...

MM

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 03:45 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Bill.
Not sure how it works on you 08 but on my 06 Endeavor it is fed from the video selector switch above the driver. This is the same switch that selects what source (Ant, Sat, Cable or DVD) feed the front TV and rear TV.
itdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 04:11 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Thanks to all - it sure would be nice if Monaco told you what was what with that one. As soon as I get around to picking up a small TV I will take a shot at it - I am amazed by the amount of wires that are behind the distribution box and DVD player above the drivers seat. Everything in the coach works and there are still a ton of wires that aren't hooked up. Guess things like this don't get better year to year - we were at Campers World the other day and checked out the 2009 HR Endeavor just for something to do. Couple of neat innovations (kitchen faucet like the one I am going to have to buy and install this week - lights switches are cool) - the AC/Heat controls are remote controlled from either the Bedroom or anywhere else in the coach you take the control unit (2 provided). I thought it real funny when checking the distribution panel for the TV - now located over the entrance door on the model we looked at - the booster antenna and the coax plug cover (plastic face plate) that now has "on" and "off" printed on it was mounted upside down. ALL the coaches were that way - wife looked at it and figured it had to be that was because they drilled the access holes too close to the trim inside the cabinet to mount the face plate right side up! Amazing. Any way once I get this outside plug figured out I'll let everyone know - of course it's probably different on different coaches. Happy and safe New Year to all.
Old 01-02-2009, 12:47 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Hi,Bill my Neptune has the same thing .It was in the same area as the rest of the cables but was not hooked up. I only had 2 outputs on my switch box so I got a 2 to 1 connection at Home Depot. It is now same as back tv,Iplan on getting a 3 output sw box to correct this. LOTS---O LUK====HAPPY NEW YEAR
Old 01-03-2009, 04:33 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">- ...... Guess things like this don't get better year to year - we were at Campers World the other day and checked out the 2009 HR Endeavor just for something to do.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just for fun we also look at newer coaches and have noticed the same thing. Monaco seems to be cutting cost where they can get away with it.

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 04:12 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
We have an 08 Monarch and ours feeds from the TV3 selector.

2007 Ford Explorer V8 Towed
Bobby C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 04:21 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
The Monarch did not have and outside TV option. It had the outside Entertainment option that we ordered, but it had a radio, speakers, 110v plug, speaker connections and a 12v plug, but no TV. I added one here.

http://www.irv2.com/photopost/...Outside_TV_Mod_1.JPG

http://www.irv2.com/photopost/...Outside_TV_Mod_3.JPG

2007 Ford Explorer V8 Towed
Bobby C is offline   Reply With Quote