Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-07-2013, 12:17 AM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
YC1,

When I ordered my 08 Camelot in April of 07, Monaco still had (3) 06 pre DPF engines in stock. I told Gauranty RV I would order/buy it they would put one of the remaining engines in my coach. Hence I have an 08 coach, delivered in 07, with a 06 engine, approaching 50,000 miles.

When Cummins ISL went to DPF (Diesel Particulate Filter) in 2007, they changed the engine color from black to red.

As for my fan, when Willaim Willard and I were in Quartszite 2 years ago, we changed our rear radiators to side radiators. Now that the fan is over on the side, all you get to see is my shiny black pulley.

2008 Monaco Camelot 40' PDQ
Happycarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-07-2013, 10:17 AM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happycarz View Post
YC1,

When I ordered my 08 Camelot in April of 07, Monaco still had (3) 06 pre DPF engines in stock. I told Gauranty RV I would order/buy it they would put one of the remaining engines in my coach. Hence I have an 08 coach, delivered in 07, with a 06 engine, approaching 50,000 miles.

When Cummins ISL went to DPF (Diesel Particulate Filter) in 2007, they changed the engine color from black to red.

As for my fan, when Willaim Willard and I were in Quartszite 2 years ago, we changed our rear radiators to side radiators. Now that the fan is over on the side, all you get to see is my shiny black pulley.
My arms & hands are still bruised from that endeavor -- Harry`s not talking me into helping him do another change over -- Bill Willard
William Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 12:16 PM   #17
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Okay.....are you messing with our minds? The Camelots have side radiators!
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 04:08 PM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diplomat Don View Post
Okay.....are you messing with our minds? The Camelots have side radiators!
Don -- We wouldn`t do that, or would we ? -- My pulleys are by far more shinny Happycarz`s -- Bill Willard
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	07 Camelot 004.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	393.8 KB
ID:	45634  
Old 09-07-2013, 04:27 PM   #19
YC1

Go ahead, yank my chain. Had a great day driving from Anaheim Ca where it has been 90+ to Williams Arizona. Only 74 outside but cloudy, some lightening, and a bit of wet stuff but not much.

The great news is the new thermostat seems to have done the trick. I managed to get the water temp to 210 on one hill with my foot buried. As soon as the hill was topped the temps dropped back to the 175 range.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 08:03 AM   #20
YC1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diplomat Don View Post
Thanks for the number......Maybe I'm missing something, but none of the files you posted had a part number.
Don, check out the fourth attachment for me please. If you see a little yellow block, click it to see if a note box opens up. I appreciate the help because having the part number for someone in the future doing a search will save some frustration.

Thanks.

Old 09-08-2013, 09:46 AM   #21

YC1,

Sorry, you may have to correct me if I am wrong......which I am often.
Did I not read on another thread that you have your 400isl modified in some capacity for performance?

Are any of your overheating issues related to these mods?

Adam Hunter
Adam Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 05:51 PM   #22
YC1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Hunter View Post
YC1,

Sorry, you may have to correct me if I am wrong......which I am often.
Did I not read on another thread that you have your 400isl modified in some capacity for performance?

Are any of your overheating issues related to these mods?

Adam Hunter
Not a chance! Had the mods on for long enough and through some hellish temps. Been over the Grapevine CA. and Donnor Summit Ca and some steep hills in Oregon. Never any issues with heating. This time it was obvious something had changed. The temps went up steady and I had to control them with lower throttle and slower speeds. Lower throttle meaning I didn't have it floored as usual but was keeping the rpms up to max.

Drove from Anaheim to Williams Ariz yesterday. Some steep climbs and I put my foot in it and no hint of overheating. Did reach 212 on the water temp once but as soon as I reached the summit and pulled my foot out if it the temps came down very quickly.

Old 09-08-2013, 06:07 PM   #23
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
I opened that yellow symbol and it came up with the information written in a window. Couldn't find it before that.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 04:15 AM   #24

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by YC1 View Post
Go ahead, yank my chain. Had a great day driving from Anaheim Ca where it has been 90+ to Williams Arizona. Only 74 outside but cloudy, some lightening, and a bit of wet stuff but not much.

The great news is the new thermostat seems to have done the trick. I managed to get the water temp to 210 on one hill with my foot buried. As soon as the hill was topped the temps dropped back to the 175 range.
YC1,

You are only 200 miles from Gilbert so maybe you could tool on down there and get Bill and Harry to change your rear radiator to a side radiator.

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 07:45 AM   #25
YC1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodine View Post
YC1,

You are only 200 miles from Gilbert so maybe you could tool on down there and get Bill and Harry to change your rear radiator to a side radiator.

Bob
But what would I do with the leftover parts?
Then I would have to clean and wax my engine.

And making the decision on which side to install the radiator on would be difficult.

Old 09-09-2013, 08:20 AM   #26

Monaco Owners Club
We found that switching the radiator to the road side is easier than the curb side, but either one can be engineered by Happycarz --
I installed a chip to the engine, & also a pyrometer --When in a pull, I drive more by the exhaust temp, than the coolant temp --Don`t take alot of heavy foot for that to hit the 1250 max that Cummins recommends -- Bill Willard
Old 09-09-2013, 08:44 AM   #27

Met Willard. How hard was the swap? Was it a kit or did you engineer the project yourself?
Mike_Harriet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:48 AM   #28

Sorry I meant Mr Willard.
Mike_Harriet is offline   Reply With Quote