Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-27-2021, 05:41 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Paint Code Help....

Hello fellow RVers. Well I am really asking if anyone on here has a blue windsor like mine in my profile pic. I need the blue paint code. Looked at dupont codes and there are a few blue codes but don't know if they match. I looked under my driver seat and no sticker with the paint code label. So I am really hoping someone on here has one like mine. Thanks folks
RX7NOROTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-27-2021, 05:57 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
I think Veurinks can get them for you with the year and VIN.
okcnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2021, 06:12 PM   #3

RX7NOTOTOR, Maybe this will help. We purchased matching paint for our MH without the paint codes. The paint supply store had a device that scans the paint and matches the color exactly. The scanner is held directly against the paint and gives the mixing code. If you can't find someone who has the actual paint codes, this would be an alternative. It would have to be a seller of automotive paints. Good luck on your project. God Bless, Ed & Sylvia
Old 12-27-2021, 06:20 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
PPG matched ours pretty closely but I'm still probably gonna get the paint from someone that can get the formula from the Diamond codes. Maybe industrial systems .
okcnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2021, 07:35 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notn2bars View Post
RX7NOTOTOR, Maybe this will help. We purchased matching paint for our MH without the paint codes. The paint supply store had a device that scans the paint and matches the color exactly. The scanner is held directly against the paint and gives the mixing code. If you can't find someone who has the actual paint codes, this would be an alternative. It would have to be a seller of automotive paints. Good luck on your project. God Bless, Ed & Sylvia
That is a option. I wonder where they have these scanners? I will check my local body shops, Thanks
RX7NOROTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2021, 07:37 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
There a place in Phoenix area that can decode and get you an exact match.

Hopefully someone will post the name.
Old 12-28-2021, 04:12 AM   #7

RX7NOROTOR-

When REV Group bought the Monaco brands they moved/disbanded the tech support group for pre-REV coaches. But, last I knew they could supply build sheets, window stickers and other odds-and-ends, such as paint specs, for the older units. (I suspect that info is held by the sales department, rather than tech support.) REV was also willing to quote parts for older units. I'd give their owner support group a call and ask if maybe they had your coach's info on file. The number I found for them is (877) 466-6226.

My 2008 uses PPG Diamont paints. The body shop I've used has used both PPG and other paints. They are skilled at matching paints, as most paints fade after many years in the sun.
l1v3fr33ord1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2021, 06:02 AM   #8

The REV Group will provide paint codes based on the VIN. I contacted them via email and promptly provide paint codes with illustrations for our HR Endeavor.
Old 12-28-2021, 07:01 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Once you get the paint codes, call Industrial Finishes in Oregon, 541 485-2033.

Give them the codes and they will mail you a PDF of the Diamont formulas. Once you have the Diamont formulas, they can be crossed to other brands.

I used Space Age Paint in Mesa, AZ as they have Diamont paint. If you need just a little, they will fill a rattle can of basecoat for you. Top it off with 2K clearcoat.

2008 Monaco Camelot 40' PDQ
Happycarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2021, 07:41 PM   #10

KZ RV Club
One thing to bear in mind is the paint code isn't a guarantee of an exact match due to fading, how the original paint was mixed, applied and lots of other variables. Depending on how large a area you are painting this can be a issue. I would find a paint store or a body shop with one of those paint matching tools and have them mix what actually matches what you have.
Old 12-29-2021, 04:46 PM   #11

Diamont paint is not a PPG product
Diamont is made by BASF

I have the codes for my paint they were located on a label it was attached to the front drivers seat pedestal you said yours was not there maybe they forgot to install label

your best bet is to locate a automotive paint and body supply shop they will have the equipment to scan your paint and come up with a matching formula

they scanned mine it was pretty close

my closest BASF paint provider was 80 miles one way from my location
doublechevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 05:46 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublechevy View Post
Diamont paint is not a PPG product.
Diamont is made by BASF.
You are correct.

I was incorrect in my post #7. I have since checked my coach's paint sheet, and it lists BASF Diamont. I should have checked before I posted.

My coach also has the label on the driver's seat pedestal with the paint code listed. Bummer that the OP's coach is missing the label.
l1v3fr33ord1 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
paint