Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-19-2018, 02:29 PM   #29

Wow...Now you all have me thinking about getting my rig painted. What would an entire 32' Class A cost...generally speaking? (See my rig in my signature) I have no slides so that should help right?
Replacing the old RexAir with a 2005 Newmar Essex 4502...just a tiny upgrade, WOOHOO!
TriMoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-19-2018, 02:31 PM   #30

Monaco Owners Club
Thor Owners Club
we have a 2013 THOR ACE 29.2...the paint is gone!!! even the decals are cracked!! Can't wait to get back to Arizona and get this repainted...it is embarrassing and extended warranty doesn't seem to be interested (Good Sam) It looks like our clear coat was applied using a roller!!!
Old 04-20-2018, 08:00 AM   #31

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by davdamon View Post
How much was the paint job
I paid $1300 for both the front and back painted and 3 coats of clear coat. Also fixed a few nicks and dings on the sides and door. Very pleased with the cost. I had the same job quote for $6500 in Mesa at a well known shop.
Old 04-20-2018, 08:27 AM   #32

I posted earlier about how difficult it looked like it would be to snake a
motorhome across at the border to Algodones Mex .
But since then we were passing thru Yuma and decided to go over to
Algodones to pick up some meds and to my surprise there was a motorhome
entering .
It was a quite large American Eagle at least 40 ft then as we were leaving
a smaller class A entered .
I don't know where they went , but I assume to get some paint work done
although I didn't see a particular need at least on the sides I could see .

Ray
RamiDav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 11:11 AM   #33

This makes so much sense to do on my old rig. As soon as I can I will be planning on getting it painted. How do they handle matching the swirls and logos? Mine has a lot of fading.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4275.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	300.3 KB
ID:	199735  
Replacing the old RexAir with a 2005 Newmar Essex 4502...just a tiny upgrade, WOOHOO!
TriMoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 10:47 AM   #34

I echo what Steve said above.. same set up. Stayed in coach for the most part.. left to go eat and look around as they worked.. good guys.. no issues .. but again itís not perfect but for the money it is good
Old 04-22-2018, 05:52 PM   #35

You guys have any issues coming back across at Sonoyta in the bigger rigs? I’ve damaged mine twice trying to negotiate that exit, 36’ coach and 12’ trailer. I want to go back down and get it fixed but am scared I’m just going to damage it again trying to cross. Last time the scumbags (cbp)were down to one lane they knew was to small for me and waived me up anyways. Sure enough broke mirror, they laughed and said I was third one on that day. Turns out the lane was only 102” wide and they refused to open another one. Is Chu better than the guys at the reef for fiberglass work?
Zepe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 07:07 PM   #36

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zepe View Post
You guys have any issues coming back across at Sonoyta in the bigger rigs?
I go through, 45' pulling a pickup truck. Yes it's very tight but they don't care how slow you go. Take your time & use a spotter, I haven't whacked anything yet.
Old 04-22-2018, 07:29 PM   #37

Quote:
Is Chu better than the guys at the reef for fiberglass work?

I was told ..donít use him for that but they did a good job on my fixes
Old 04-22-2018, 07:47 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidrvr View Post
I was told ..donít use him for that but they did a good job on my fixes
Read that on other forums older posts, just wondering if there was any fresh info.
Old 04-22-2018, 07:51 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypoxia View Post
I go through, 45' pulling a pickup truck. Yes it's very tight but they don't care how slow you go. Take your time & use a spotter, I haven't whacked anything yet.
You keep your toad hooked up? That’s impressive. Have you taken second lane? After fact was told it was narrower than the other lanes.
Old 04-23-2018, 07:41 AM   #40

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
You keep your toad hooked up? Thatís impressive. Have you taken second lane? After fact was told it was narrower than the other lanes.
Yes I keep the toad connected. If I ever misjudge the turns I will disconnect and do whatever is necessary to avoid damage. It is extremely tight coming out of the first lane of secondary inspection.

I think the lanes are equal width, if they were really 102" lanes none of us would fit since the coach is 102" plus the awnings, mirrors etc. add more width. The first time I went through with this coach I had to get my tools out and adjust the mirrors as the previous owners had the driver side mirror adjusted to look out the side window to use it. I changed it to see through the windshield which cured the problem & I like that much better.

I creep over the speed bumps as slow as possible, no one cares how long you take. The agents may see some humor in folks that hurry through without regard to their equipment, I do too. The agents didn't build the narrow lanes and most have expressed their wish for more space.

Consider your attitude, "scumbags (cbp)"; those agents see a LOT of bad stuff at the border and I appreciate them and what they do. I have crossed international borders many times, their attitude usually mirrors yours.
Old 04-23-2018, 08:19 AM   #41

Monaco Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
x-2 on attitude! You get what you give! Jim E. OKC
engine103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 02:21 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypoxia View Post
Yes I keep the toad connected. If I ever misjudge the turns I will disconnect and do whatever is necessary to avoid damage. It is extremely tight coming out of the first lane of secondary inspection.

I think the lanes are equal width, if they were really 102" lanes none of us would fit since the coach is 102" plus the awnings, mirrors etc. add more width. The first time I went through with this coach I had to get my tools out and adjust the mirrors as the previous owners had the driver side mirror adjusted to look out the side window to use it. I changed it to see through the windshield which cured the problem & I like that much better.

I creep over the speed bumps as slow as possible, no one cares how long you take. The agents may see some humor in folks that hurry through without regard to their equipment, I do too. The agents didn't build the narrow lanes and most have expressed their wish for more space.

Consider your attitude, "scumbags (cbp)"; those agents see a LOT of bad stuff at the border and I appreciate them and what they do. I have crossed international borders many times, their attitude usually mirrors yours.
Thanks for tips, I’ve always made in RV lane with room to spare. Guy on RV.net says lane 2 is much narrower than the others and not suitable for the larger motor homes, took him at his word. I’ll give chuy a try on my fiberglass work next time I’m down there.

Tags
paint