Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 02-22-2019, 12:28 PM   #57
Junior Member
 
goofyziggy's Avatar
 
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 25
Cost in Las Vegas?

Dear HWYYHT, nice paint job, looks like the Las Vegas shop did a very good job, your rig really looks nice and I love the compass logo they put on the back cap - absolutely beautiful touch!!!
Im just a little confused on what you said about the cost of the paint job. Did it cost roughly $15,000 just to do the paint job, or was that for some other refurbishing, plus the paint job? This thread is just about the cost of paint jobs, and specifically a paint job south of the border in Mexico (whether in Rocky Point or in Los Algodones). Based on this thread, the rate for a paint job in Mexico seems to range between $1,500 to $4,000 (roughly) for a decent paint job (if anyone knows differently please speak up). The tradeoffs being you have to drive your rig into another country (Mexico, even if its a stone's throw over the border), and leave it there 2-4 weeks.
If you wouldnt mind please clarifying how much _just the paint job_ cost in Las Vegas to be able to compare apples to apples, I'd really appreciate it. Kind regards
__________________
--Let's Go On A Roadtrip!!--
goofyziggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-22-2019, 01:01 PM   #58
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Posts: 3,151
$15,000 sounds about right. There is no way you will get a GOOD job in Mexico for $15000. The paint is worth far more that that amount. I would guess over $6000. Why don't you call them. They speak English. 1-928-239-8906
__________________
Moisheh
2008 Dynasty 42' Diamond IV
1988 Bluebird PT38
2009 Silverado Toad
moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 04:25 PM   #59
Member
 
HWYYHT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Fort Mohave,AZ
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyziggy View Post
Dear HWYYHT, nice paint job, looks like the Las Vegas shop did a very good job, your rig really looks nice and I love the compass logo they put on the back cap - absolutely beautiful touch!!!

Im just a little confused on what you said about the cost of the paint job. Did it cost roughly $15,000 just to do the paint job, or was that for some other refurbishing, plus the paint job? This thread is just about the cost of paint jobs, and specifically a paint job south of the border in Mexico (whether in Rocky Point or in Los Algodones). Based on this thread, the rate for a paint job in Mexico seems to range between $1,500 to $4,000 (roughly) for a decent paint job (if anyone knows differently please speak up). The tradeoffs being you have to drive your rig into another country (Mexico, even if its a stone's throw over the border), and leave it there 2-4 weeks.

If you wouldnt mind please clarifying how much _just the paint job_ cost in Las Vegas to be able to compare apples to apples, I'd really appreciate it. Kind regards


A couple things here.
Yes this is a thread regarding paint jobs in two specific towns in Mexico, however I have been looking for a shop in the US to refurbish my coach for the last two years. I use IRV2 often to search for this type of information and thought I would share if there was anyone else like me looking so that is why I posted it. The paint work was 15K which is not comparable to 1.5 to 4K quoted in this thread, however the paint for my coach was over 9K alone and they insist this is the best paint money can buy for this type of application and is guaranteed not to fail for the remaining life of the coach. I have seen many coaches that were like mine where some of the paint looked great, while the darker colors were checking and in some cases badly. In my case specifically I wanted to refurb the same color the coach was originally. This may be helpful to anyone else who wants to freshen up the exterior.
Hope that helps.
HWYYHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 04:52 PM   #60
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Posts: 3,151
If you noticed units with checking on the Black paint it has nothing to do with the paint. Some mfrs. in certain years had a problem with the fiberglass they were using. The sun would cause the walls to check. especially dark colors. I don't know the exact years but I think it was 2004 to 2007. No paint will stop that checking. One would have to replace the walls to cure this.
__________________
Moisheh
2008 Dynasty 42' Diamond IV
1988 Bluebird PT38
2009 Silverado Toad
moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 10:25 PM   #61
Member
 
HWYYHT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Fort Mohave,AZ
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by moisheh View Post
If you noticed units with checking on the Black paint it has nothing to do with the paint. Some mfrs. in certain years had a problem with the fiberglass they were using. The sun would cause the walls to check. especially dark colors. I don't know the exact years but I think it was 2004 to 2007. No paint will stop that checking. One would have to replace the walls to cure this.


Thanks for your reply and expertise, in my case the severe checking was caused from the previous repairs and whatever they put on the fiberglass was either wrong or it failed. The rest of the dark was not checked at all. In any case I have a guarantee that says it is covered as long as the company is in business
Thanks again
HWYYHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 02:27 PM   #62
Senior Member
 
Greg121's Avatar
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BUTCH View Post
Don't go to Algagonas go to Rocky Point. Had several repairs done there in past. It is my understanding that RVers were complaining about noise and overspray coming from painting. Now the repair guys have to paint offsite Not sure how that works.

I think they forgot since last year - was there last week and they were painting in the park - I wondered what folks in the neighboring coaches thought....
__________________
2000 Monaco Dynasty
Greg121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 01:58 PM   #63
Member
 
tycham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Graeagle, CA
Posts: 99
Phone number or contact

Does anyone have a contact method for Chewee at Rocky Point? I am trying to coordinate a trip down for painting.

Thanks in advance
tycham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 02:08 PM   #64
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 346
For those interested
638-380-8592 chuy
__________________
2002 Foretravel 36ft U325
2009 Jeep Wrangler
Davidrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 09:14 AM   #65
Senior Member
 
Gordon Dewald's Avatar
 
Winnebago Owners Club
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 13,770
Neighbor just had two trucks done in Algondones. Both were silver and had paint matching. Really good match.

One had two fenders, hood and roof done plus body work. 800

One had hood and one fender plus body work. 200

Paint was matched very well.
__________________
Gordon and Janet
Tour 42QD/InTech Stacker
Gordon Dewald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 08:05 AM   #66
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 346
Update to chuy number
662 317 7800
__________________
2002 Foretravel 36ft U325
2009 Jeep Wrangler
Davidrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 07:22 PM   #67
Member
 
RVaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Vail
Posts: 49
Just met up with Chuy yesterday at Play Bonita as me and the wife were there for 2 days only. He said he will need 21 days to prep and paint our RV. He can do the prep / body work at the camp ground but will take the unit to his shop to paint it. So we will camp 2 weeks in June as they work on the body and once we leave they will move it to the shop to paint the unit. We will arrange to come back a few weeks later. Lucky for us we live in Tucson which is 4 hours from Rocky Point. So our painting adventure.
__________________
2007 Beaver Marquise Moonstone III
2010 Mazda 3 toad.
Living life one mile at a time.
RVaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 07:26 PM   #68
Member
 
tycham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Graeagle, CA
Posts: 99
I am going down in a week or two. Did you happen to get his phone number?
tycham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 07:35 AM   #69
Senior Member
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 153
RVaholic, would you mind telling us what he quoted you for the job. Did he break down the cost for bodywork and paint. If not how much bodywork is there. This info would be much appreciated. Post before and after pictures when done please. Thanks Don.
DiplomatDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 08:49 AM   #70
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by HWYYHT View Post
A couple things here.
Yes this is a thread regarding paint jobs in two specific towns in Mexico, however I have been looking for a shop in the US to refurbish my coach for the last two years. I use IRV2 often to search for this type of information and thought I would share if there was anyone else like me looking so that is why I posted it. The paint work was 15K which is not comparable to 1.5 to 4K quoted in this thread, however the paint for my coach was over 9K alone and they insist this is the best paint money can buy for this type of application and is guaranteed not to fail for the remaining life of the coach. I have seen many coaches that were like mine where some of the paint looked great, while the darker colors were checking and in some cases badly. In my case specifically I wanted to refurb the same color the coach was originally. This may be helpful to anyone else who wants to freshen up the exterior.
Hope that helps.


Well said! I agree with your assessments and findings. I will try your Vegas guys. Can you share the shop info again?
I have a full repaint needed on a 45í
07Patriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
paint



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
full body paint job ron55 Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum 10 01-19-2009 02:17 AM
Semi-custom factory paint job and special options TheJazzMan Newmar Owner's Forum 5 10-11-2008 02:48 AM
New Mexico Excel Spring Camp-Out In Las Cruces, New Mexico ChiefJohn Excel Owner's Forum 1 05-02-2007 03:28 AM
Thank you Winnebago and CDI, the paint job is fixed. Gary CA Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum 10 03-15-2006 02:08 PM
Paint Job on 5ver TinCup703 5th Wheel Discussion 3 02-28-2006 06:46 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.