Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-28-2019, 08:54 AM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVaholic View Post
Just met up with Chuy yesterday at Play Bonita as me and the wife were there for 2 days only. He said he will need 21 days to prep and paint our RV. He can do the prep / body work at the camp ground but will take the unit to his shop to paint it. So we will camp 2 weeks in June as they work on the body and once we leave they will move it to the shop to paint the unit. We will arrange to come back a few weeks later. Lucky for us we live in Tucson which is 4 hours from Rocky Point. So our painting adventure.

Is your paint checking? Mine still has an amazing shine and finish but looking into the paint I can see all of the fiberglass strands or checking???
Is this what your Marquee is doing?
Also are you doing a complete repaint and what is the cost?
07Patriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-28-2019, 04:43 PM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiplomatDon View Post
RVaholic, would you mind telling us what he quoted you for the job. Did he break down the cost for bodywork and paint. If not how much bodywork is there. This info would be much appreciated. Post before and after pictures when done please. Thanks Don.
I was quoted $7k for full paint job to include body work. It was a combined priced since I wanted it all done together.
RVaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 04:48 PM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07Patriot View Post
Is your paint checking? Mine still has an amazing shine and finish but looking into the paint I can see all of the fiberglass strands or checking???
Is this what your Marquee is doing?
Also are you doing a complete repaint and what is the cost?

Paint work is crazing or checking through out the whole RV. Full repaint on 40 Beaver Marquis is 7k and I'm sure that price is standard. He did ask if I want a different paint scheme and I'm happy with the current one.
RVaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 08:33 AM   #74

Winnebago Owners Club
Friend just has some work (paint and minor body) done on his Jeep in Los Algodones. His comment was the work was less that for what he could have purchased the paint at home. And it was the same paint.

Tags
paint