Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-06-2023, 03:07 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Park Brake bell

I have a 2001 Monico Diplomat with a park bell problem. I have read all the old threads that I could find and still have a problem. When I release the parking brake and put the coach in any gear, the park bell goes off continually. I have replaced the Nason switch, serviced the jack reservoir, replaced the park bell relay and fuses but with no luck. There appears to be about 6 wires going to the bell. Does anyone know what else is tied into the bell? This also causes the cruise control not to work. I have no other indications on the dash. I also have a scangage d and there are no codes. Any help would be appreciated.
RanPam is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-06-2023, 05:56 PM   #2
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RanPam View Post
I have a 2001 Monico Diplomat with a park bell problem. I have read all the old threads that I could find and still have a problem. When I release the parking brake and put the coach in any gear, the park bell goes off continually. I have replaced the Nason switch, serviced the jack reservoir, replaced the park bell relay and fuses but with no luck. There appears to be about 6 wires going to the bell. Does anyone know what else is tied into the bell? This also causes the cruise control not to work. I have no other indications on the dash. I also have a scangage d and there are no codes. Any help would be appreciated.
That issue on the Monaco products has always been the Nason switch. There are about 25 iterations of the switch, did you replace it with the same one. One test I found for a defective Nason switch (maybe you got a bad one) is to slam the brake release quick/firmly down and see if the alarm still sounds.

Depending on the jack system, the three jack models are to be adjusted with the front jack extended 6" inches. If the jack alarm sounds, with the ignition on, fill the reservoir until it stops and then retract the jack.

Lastly, if the issue can't be found, you may need to tie the Nason switch wires together making it think the brake has been released. You may even want to do that as a test to see if it is a switch issue.
Dutch Star Don is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2023, 07:25 AM   #3

try pulling the fuse for the leveling jacks when my jacks are fully up the chime stays on,, I pull the fuse and it stops and I live with it , put the fuse in level and it is good til I raise the jacks, then I need to pull the fuse but you need to look each time to be sure jacks are returned to the raised position, have not figured out how to fix the issue yet. May not be your issue but worth a try.
Old 04-11-2023, 02:37 PM   #4

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
The jack reservoir alarm is a "chime" in your coach, kinda like the dong you hear in an airplane to fasten seat belts.
The brake alarm is a loud buzzer.

Superpro, you need to add fluid into the reservoir, Dexron III.
If you have never replaced the fluid and depending the age of your coach, I'd do that also. Maybe repeat several times so the old fluid gets circulated out of the jacks.
I got a small 12V Oil Extraction Pump for Automotive from Amazon like $20.00. It made the draining and filling easy as the reservoir is in a real awkward place.
Old 07-25-2023, 07:59 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks for all the suggestions. I have eliminated the parking jacks and low air pressure. I made sure that the Nasson switch was the same one as I removed. I took the old switch, cut off the pressure end and tried tying the wires together in 3 different configurations ie, a and c, b and c, and a and b with no luck. Not having the cruise control is the biggest issue. Someone recommended the neutral safety switch on the trans, but I cant see how that would be the issue. Still looking for answers.
RanPam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brake