Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-22-2020, 02:15 PM   #1

Unhappy Passenger Seat electronics not working - Seat stuck

Hi team Monaco. Our daughter (first time staying in coach) was trying to turn the passenger chair to the back towards the couch and did not rotate correctly. Now our seat will not move forward or backwards, the whole switch panel does not work on that side of seat. It works just fine on the other side with the recliner switch. We have both (husband and myself) searched under the seat with flashlights trying to identify any wire/cable that may be disconnected to no avail. Would not be such a big deal except for the fact that the seat is as forward as it can get when turned towards the front which means not much clearance. It's a 2004 Monaco Diplomat. Are they easy to fix?
Bluetick is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-22-2020, 02:50 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
They are not easy to fix. I’ve spent many hours under my passenger seat. My recliner stopped working. After a lot of diagnoses, I determined the motor for the recliner puked. Then the switch to move the seat forward and back quite working. Wires are everywhere under there, so it’s difficult to determine what’s what. And you have little room to work with.

What I learned is you need to check all the wires under there to make sure all are undamaged and you have power when needed. You may be on your back on the floor, for a long time.

In your case since nothing works, you need to get out your volt meter to determine if power is present. If not, you might get lucky and just need a new fuse, or find a connector disconnected.
Old 09-22-2020, 02:57 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Look for a pigtail connector coming out of the floor at the rear of the pedestal, it should be a 2 wire type connector. It will plug into a connector coming out of the seat.

We've done the same thing and just replug to two connectors back together.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 03:01 PM   #4

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
While your checking the connector Jim mentioned, give each wire a little tug. Sometimes the crimp joint comes apart.
Old 09-22-2020, 03:01 PM   #5
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
Also, it's possible that a wire was pinched in part of the mechanism causing it to short out. You may have to unbolt the seat from the floor and turn it upside down to find the problem. I had to do that with our Allegro RED when a wire was caught in the screw drive.
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 04:38 PM   #6
YC1

I agree if you can't see the wires just unbolt the seat. There should be a pigtail and it probably wound up tight. Lesson learned many years ago on mine. Turn seat one way only and slowy.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 07:37 PM   #7

I second the look at the butt connectors. Found that was the issue in our Windsor we had. Was located in the wire loom coming out of the floor on the curd side. Good luck.
ncsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 04:15 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
There are four large (3/4" hex) bolts holding the seat to the floor. There is also a wire loom with two wires going to the seat. Fuse is in the front run bay, (outside under drivers feet)
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
seat