Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-05-2019, 12:32 PM   #1

Passenger Side Mirror Head

On July 4th we had a very tricky exit from our campsite in out 34ft 2006 HR Admiral. We had to maneuver between a tree and a electrical box ... I paid too much attention to the box ... not enough to the tree.

Tree - 1, RV - 0

So we lost the passenger side mirror head. Snapped off at the little piece of metal connecting the arm to the mirror head (see pic below of the intact drivers side mirror).

It was dangling from the cable that adjusted the mirrors.

So what do I do now? I thought I could go to the Ford dealer ... But I read that the Ford F53 Chassis does not come with mirrors, and that the mirrors are installed by Holiday Rambler. But today's Holiday Rambler does not support RVs made before 2010.

Can I just get that little metal part that broke? Or do I need to buy an entire new mirror head?

Thank you!

JonClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190705_135759901.jpeg
Views:	51
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	252270
Eratosthenes is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-05-2019, 12:37 PM   #2

Fortunately my wife has watched a lot of Myth Busters duct tape specials (see pic below). Her feat of engineering has withstood 55 MPH winds going down the road to our new campsite at the Fredericksburg, VA KOA. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190705_135817147.jpeg
Views:	40
Size:	131.9 KB
ID:	252272
Eratosthenes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 02:33 PM   #3

They look like a Ramco mirror but could be Velvac. Hard to tell what needs replacing but I suspect it’s part of the internal framework.
https://www.ramco-eng.com/
falconman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 05:03 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I think H/R uses Velvac. Do a search on internet for RV salvage parts. Should be lots of those out there used.
Rodg495 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 07:36 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
If it is a Velvac mirror you can contact them directly and they will help you out.

I did about the same thing except I was going through a narrow toll booth and my passenger side mirror was knocked off similar to yours. Didn't even try to do the duct tape trick (nice touch though). When I got to my destination I contacted Velvac and worked with the rep, identified the parts, ordered them and had it fixed 3 days later. My mirror was the 2030 series.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 08:55 AM   #6

Typically if it's a Velvac mirror there will be a label stuck to the bottom of the mirror with identifying numbers. My 2002 are still somewhat legible.