Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-19-2013, 10:25 AM   #71

Monaco Owners Club
Very good and thanks for the update. deSanford PS I will leave the $1,000.00 with them. They do pay more interest then checking account of mine that the money came out of.
deSanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-19-2013, 10:26 AM   #72

Winnebago Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to bridluz
I didn't ask for the specific rules but I did open a $1,000 certificate account last week earning .5% interest (that is as much or more interest than my regular bank interest rate). It was easy to set up.

I called this morning to verify that I would still get the 5% rebate on fuel and have no annual fee, they confirmed that I am all set to continue with those benefits.

We drive about 7-8000 miles per year in the Monaco and between my wife and myself we drive another 40,000 miles in our SUV's annually. THE 5% REBATE IS WELL WORTH THE EFFORT OF OPENING UP THE SMALL CERTIFICATE ACCOUNT!!!!!!!!
bridluz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 06:27 PM   #73

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
OK, let's get this thing settled once and for all!

I just got off the phone with the Supervisor of Member Services at PenFed. I told her of the confusion concerning the Cash Rewards credit card. Below is what she gave me as the true facts of the situation:

To get the 5% rebate on gas after the October billing period, you CAN open a Money Market Savings Account with only a $25.00 deposit!

You can make this $25.00 deposit on-line with another credit card!

You cannot open it with a credit card if you're doing it live on the phone with a member services representative!

You are NOT required to make any more deposits into the Money Market Savings Account in order to keep getting the 5% rebate!

There is NO annual fee for the credit card if you have the Money Market Savings Account!

When you open the saving account on-line they will send you a signature form that you sign and send back. You have up to 3 months to get this form back to them. The savings account is open immediately after making your initial deposit so there is no delay in getting the 5% rebates.

I hope this clears up some of the confusion about this!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!

I opened a $25.00 Money Market savings account on October 17, 2013.

I just received my statement for my November gasoline purchases from Pen Fed yesterday. I only received a 3% discount, not the 5% I received on last months statement. Anyone else experience this? Has there bee n changes since Joe posted the above qualifications for the 5% discount for pay at the pump discounts?
Old 12-12-2013, 07:38 PM   #74

Monaco Owners Club
NOT SO FAST....You All!!!!

The Money Market Certificate is only $25 minimum!!! That's cheep to consistently save 5% on fuel!!!

They are making so little money on my $25 balance I'm thinking of calling them and having them stop sending me monthly statements for this paltry $25!! LOL

Just make sure you have the "Cash Rewards" card!!!

Happy Holidays
Old 12-12-2013, 07:50 PM   #75

Ford Super Duty Owner
FYI
As I understand it, you must charge at the pump with a PF card, if you go inside, no 5%
mccsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 08:33 PM   #76

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselclacker View Post
I opened a $25.00 Money Market savings account on October 17, 2013.

I just received my statement for my November gasoline purchases from Pen Fed yesterday. I only received a 3% discount, not the 5% I received on last months statement. Anyone else experience this? Has there bee n changes since Joe posted the above qualifications for the 5% discount for pay at the pump discounts?
Why not just call PenFed? I have found their customer service outstanding.
BobGed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 08:38 PM   #77

Monaco Owners Club
When my $1,000.00 Certificate's one year term is up I will look into the $25.00 program. In the mean time I'm filling up 5 vehicles with fuel at a 5% discount, and I don't even have to use a stamp to mail in the balance each month it is automatic. deSanford
Old 12-12-2013, 08:48 PM   #78

Send a message via AIM to JohnFreyja Send a message via MSN to JohnFreyja
dieselclacker,
I checked mine and got 5% reward. It depends on your statement period and when the purchases were made. You can download your statement.
JohnFreyja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 10:05 AM   #79
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Dieselclacker- Are you sure you paid at the pump and never went in? I get my 5% each month just like clockwork!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 10:09 AM   #80

Winnebago Owners Club
Still getting 5% as of 12/6/13.
Barlow46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 07:14 AM   #81

Chase's offer does not include diesel purchases at Flying J or other truck stops and does not include gasoline/diesel purchases at any "discount" store... so purchases at WalMart, Sams, Target dont count. That turned me off right away. Those are the places that I typically buy fuel.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 01:08 PM   #82

Does this include any and all gas/diesel at any location with pay at the pump?

I previously posted that the Chase Card cash reward does not count diesel/gas purchases at big box discount stores, and major truck stops. Does the PennFed car include any gas and any diesel purchase made at any location with an outside pump pay system? Are there any exceptions? I don't see a definition of what is included and what is excluded. You fellows using it can tell me I am sure.... is it all inclusive with any vendor?

Gary
Old 12-21-2013, 01:12 PM   #83

Monaco Owners Club
Any station with a credit card receiver at the pump. If they "authorize" and tell you to remove handle you get 5% off. deSanford
Old 12-22-2013, 07:39 AM   #84

i signed up yesterday....

I signed up for the PenFed Cash Rewards Plus card yesterday (actually, you sign up for the Cash Rewards Card and if you have another account, you get the "plus" which is the additional 2 % added on by them). I had to become a member of PenFed (which was $5.00 minimum). Then I had to open a money market account with a minimum deposit of $25.00. The costs were so minimal that I thought that I would be magnanimous and gave them twice those minimums for both costs ( :-) ). Then you sign in and go through all the security stuff, and they estimated my credit maximum balance as a whole lot more than I ever intend to put on the card, and "a bank officer" has to approve everything Monday when they work again, and I get the card.

I had heard you guys talking about it before, but before I put the calculator to a bunch of different scenarios, I never realized that the 5% discount is four times the discount that you might get with Flying J for diesel or the 5 cent discount at Wal-Mart/Murphy and it is three times the discount you get at the same places when you buy gas (at current typical prices). So, I wish I had followed the pack and done this much sooner.

Also, do you guys know about an iPhone app called GasBuddy? I use GasBuddy all the time. It will give you current gas prices at all stations close to your exact GPS determined location (maybe a two or three mile radius from your current location), or any zip code location (future destination..) in front of your travels. You can also update the pricing if it is incorrect. it shows you how long since the price has been updated so you can tell if the pricing is current. It has saved me a bundle with my cars since I can easily buy at any location. You have to be more careful with the coach and toad and access/ingress/egress etc. but I use that app all the time.

Gary

Drive many more safe miles....