Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-27-2021, 12:01 PM   #1

Please brake controller help

Good morning all.. I’ve looked all over. Read ton of post but still confused about a few things. I’m not very good with wiring but can try before calling uncle. Won’t to know how it works. I have an 06 Diplomat 38 pst. It is prewired and I think I found the plug under the dash. But I can’t find the blue controller wire up front. In the back the blue wire gets separated from the rest of the loom.? Can’t trace it down.. Any ideas.

Know I think I found the brake sig wire coming out of a relay in front run bay. Is this right. See pics. Click image for larger version

Name:	7C5AC66F-001D-4D67-91D2-76ACABD5CB46.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	358.8 KB
ID:	326510

Click image for larger version

Name:	1AF2E799-923B-4717-B428-6B5652BFDCD4.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	360.9 KB
ID:	326511
Hope this worked.
rdvd is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-27-2021, 12:15 PM   #2

Ok. That worked 😳. The first pic is the relay second from the bottom. Second pic is the wire with brake sig written on it. Is that the right wire?

Here’s a pic of the plug up front. Click image for larger version

Name:	D9F16999-C1F8-4819-8A22-BCABF57E6E9D.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	210.5 KB
ID:	326513

Click image for larger version

Name:	75723400-1557-4C19-AD83-E0C714BF7AF5.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	337.5 KB
ID:	326514

Also I didn’t see anywhere that said that the prewired plug is fused right?

I know this probably common for most but just want to make sure it right. I will be pulling a 28’ enclosed trailer. 🤪

THANK YOU AND SAFE TRAVELS.
Old 04-27-2021, 01:45 PM   #3

rdvd-

Monaco Brake Controller Location Guide
Service Bulletin for Monaco Coaches

Matching connector available from Allied Electronics here. Pins listed at the bottom of that page. Can make the wiring from the controller to the coach (dash) connector "plug-and-play," meaning no cutting or splicing of the factory wiring or connector.

The attached drawing should answer your question about fuse(s). "BRAKE CONTROL INTERFACE," which is the coach dash connector for the trailer electric brake controller, appears in Zone G-15 on the drawing.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf dip_chassis_12v.pdf (1.10 MB, 32 views)
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 03:01 PM   #4

l1v3fr33ord1
Thanks you for your reply. The bulletin was very helpful. The drawings are hard for me to understand. But it looks like there is a 20 amp fuse on one of the wires but the writing is hard to read. And there a five wires?

The site with the plug will make it a nice and easy if I can figure out witch wire is witch. In the battery compartment there a plug with a 20 amp auto reset fuse that is wired to a relay. It says trailer charge. I believe is the black wire at the tow plug.?
Old 04-28-2021, 08:48 AM   #5

I would think "trailer charge" is constant 12v supply wire. It could be used to keep toad battery up, trailer house battery, charge a break away brakes battery or supply interior lights ect. to trailer.
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 05:43 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdvd View Post
l1v3fr33ord1
Thanks you for your reply. The bulletin was very helpful. The drawings are hard for me to understand. But it looks like there is a 20 amp fuse on one of the wires but the writing is hard to read. And there a five wires?

The site with the plug will make it a nice and easy if I can figure out witch wire is witch. In the battery compartment there a plug with a 20 amp auto reset fuse that is wired to a relay. It says trailer charge. I believe is the black wire at the tow plug.?
Per the drawing:

Code:
Pin     Signal              Purpose
1       GROUND              Ground
2       BBUILD IGNITION 1   Illumination
3       TRLR BRAKE +12V     12V power to brake controller
4       TRLR BRAKE          Brake signal to controller
5       TO BRAKE CONTROL    Brake signal from controller to rear
The plug and "cap" connectors are polarized. There is a ridge on the number 1 pin position.

Also, the wires will be marked every foot or so with their function (that is, the "Signal" as above).

This should help you map which signal is where on that six-pin connector.
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 10:00 AM   #7

Thank you !! My wires the writing at the plug is worm off and getting into the Amazon of wires 😳..
I’ll get on searching those down this weekend. I didn’t think it would be that hard. Being prewired and all. I’ve been all over this coach looking. 🤯

Fed ex delivered my watts links kits. But only 4 of the 5 boxes. Can’t tell me where the other box is. 😳.

Just finished with the trw steering box swap.

Once again THANK YOU.

Back to the real job. 🤪🤪
Old 04-29-2021, 03:17 PM   #8

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
In our 2005 ambassador I found the blue wire in the 7 pin trailer plug but could not find it under the dash it turned out there was only 3 feet of wire on that blue wire. So I had to run a new wire from back to front what a pain in the butt.
alounsbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 01:08 PM   #9

Before I finish this topic I want to thank all those that responed especially l1v3fr33ord1 I will be saving those drawing. So here we going.

The plug 5 pin connector was not the brake controllers connector. Idk what that connector is for. So I ran a wire from the relay plug in the front run bay for the wire that said “ to brake controller” wire #197. Tested it to the plug that I thought was the brake controller connector. No continuity to any pins on the connector..? Checked on my thinking?? Sounded good 😳. So I started looking around. Well in the front run bay there was this lone wire with a fuse. I followed out into the gen bay though the fire wall into driver area. It ran to a bundle of wires. There it was they had cut the plug off and taped up all the wires. Hidden up under the dash. All the wire are labeled. Now in my hunt to find this plug I discovered that someone wired a 6 round brake controller running all there own power, ground and brake wire with no fuses anywhere 😳🤯😳. Direct 12v off the connection in the front run bay. I took all that out before a FIRE !!! Thank god nothing happened. I have been at this for more than a few days but it all done. Time for a couple of beers.

Once again thanks for all the input ..

Tags
brake