Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-26-2010, 09:13 PM   #29
JDT

When my dash tach was reading 2200, or close to it anyway, the info from the engine computer was showing 2350 to 2400. It was hard to keep the tach lined up, watch the computer and drive. So, 200 over what the dash tach says may be about right.
JDT is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-27-2010, 09:09 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flagelpater View Post
... Also, any help in getting to the correct person would be help also, I can hear the words of an Allison Tech Rep at a FMCA seminar saying "the RPM Limit Down Slope is 2650, and you are responsible for any overspeed if you are in 6th gear! apply the Service Brakes to keep the RPM within the limits."
That doesn't make sense.

In sixth gear you would need to do well over 100 MPH to approach the max RPM of the engine.

Both our current ISC 350 and our previous ISC 330 upshifted at 2650 RPM on downgrades.

BTW, I replaced our original Pacbrake with the newer PXRB model last year when the original unit broke. Unlike before, I can now maintain 55 MPH on 6% downgrades in fourth gear without using the service brakes.
Old 06-27-2010, 09:13 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flagelpater View Post
FWIW Looks like I am at the "end of the road!" John at Cummins, after many emails, has told me that the ISC is limited to 2200 RPM even for PacBrake Operation. The 2600 RPM has been changed to the lower range for some unknown reason, he gave fuel economy but that does not make any sense to me. Be that as it may, unless some of you operators have info to the contrary, I am stuck with higher use of the service brakes. Thank you to everyone that has tried to help.
Both of the ISC engines with Allison MH3000 transmissions that we have had were limited to around 2200 PRM under load, but not when descending grades. When descending, they upshift at 2650 RPM.

I assume that the 2200 PRM limit would also apply if you simply floored it in Neutral, but I'm not going to test that.
Old 06-27-2010, 10:25 AM   #32

Monaco Owners Club
Denali Thank you for your reply. It appears that Cummins made a change sometime after 2004, lowering the RPM to 2200 for both Load Limit and No Load Limit. It would be nice to hear from someone that has a later Cummins ISC operating at the 2600 RPM.

2005 Honda CRV, Blue Ox, SMI Brake, TomTom Go 720
Flagelpater is offline   Reply With Quote